Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Here is a photo of the quilt top I completed yesterday. It is from a pattern by Buggy Barn. When I was a relatively new quilter, I made a Lone Star quilt using the traditional piecing methods. It's a bit of a fluffy quilt. I still have it around here somewhere. Maybe I'll try the traditional method again someday.

I have to admit that I was fearless when I first started quilting. The first time I signed up for a class, the class sample was for a Christmas tree skirt. The teacher tried to get me to select something else -- something that wasn't curved. But I wanted a new tree skirt. I didn't know it was hard to sew curves, so what did it matter to me? It turned out pretty good. Then there was the Lone Star and I learned to be a bit more humble. Especially when dealing with pieces cut on the bias.

We are feeling some relief from the heat and humidity this afternoon. For this I am most grateful. It has been a long time since I have felt a cool afternoon breeze come through my windows. I hope it lasts.

2 comments:

Finn said...

So you are one of those "fearless" quilters that just jump right in the deep end??? LOL..ok then!
Love the lone star..nice to see what you have made. I look forward to seeing more of them. Hugs, Finn

Dawn said...

I LOVE your buggy barn star! I have to go look for that pattern! It is wonderful!