Monday, July 31, 2006

I had been reading many of your blogs for several months now, but this posting by Finn
was the post that started my correspondence with Finn and made me want to have my very own blog.
There has been a special place in my heart for the Carnegie Library in my hometown for as long as I can remember. Even at the age of 9 when the library moved to a new, modern building, I was sad. I love old things, they have a story to tell even if they don't have a voice with which to tell it.

I wanted to share of photo of that old library. It has been a museum sponsored by the local historical society for many years now. More old things for me to think about.

Thank you to all of you who have made me feel so welcome here in blogland. I am truly enjoying myself here. Not to much quilting happening today. I'm going to try to pick out some fabrics for my feathered star practice block. That should keep me busy.

P.S. Wicked was wonderful and well worth the wait. I'm so glad we got the chance to go.

3 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Libby, I am running abit late today..or should I say night?? So happy to see your posting, as always..*VBS* I love your sunny yellow library. It just looks happy sitting there. It might be the photo, but it looks a bit smaller than the one in Chippewa Falls. I wonder if the community size had any influence? Do you know any dates for yours? I've got to get busy and see if I can find out when mine was built. Chippewa is an old logging town, with a good size river running through it for floating logs down to the Mississippi River. It was settled French Catholic and is quite old. I'll have to do some checking.
Super that you are going to begin the feathered star. Linda J over at life with quilts showed a really gorgeous one last week.
So glad to hear you are having fun in blogland, and that Wicked was as good as you anticipated. Hugs, Finn

Cynthia said...

Interesting to read your post. I also like old things.

Glad you like Blogland. I have only been blogging for 3 weeks and i'm also enjoying it.

Linda_J said...

Many of these library look so similiar--must have had the same floor plan? The one I see of Anniston's in pictures looks a lot like yours though probably not yellow--the new one is very indistinguised--like a brick box, ugh.

Welcome to bloggerland!