Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Crop Is In! I was just about to settle in for the evening, when I took a peek out to the backyard and saw something red looking back at me from the tomato patch. Could it be? Yes, three of the cutest little grape tomatoes just waiting to be picked. They lasted just long enough to pose for a photo ..... then we ate 'em. Can hardly wait for the other plants to start producing. We have just the one cherry plant, one Early Girl, four Beefsteak, and another one that I can't remember it's variety. Time to start thinking of all the tomato recipes I can use them in. Yummy.  Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Finn said...

Oh they look fantastic!!

The first tomatoes..wow! I'll bet they were delish, weren't they??
Love the quilt to stage them on...really neat, and it looks scrappy! Hugs, Finn

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

The grape tomatoes are gone :-( I bet there will be more soon!

I love the quilt on the table.

Screen Door said...

The first ones--you're supposed to wipe off the dirt and eat them right in the garden!!!! We're starting to get ripeones in the U.P. also...Good for you...All the weeding pays off.

Melanie

Cynthia said...

Home grown tomatoes are the best. They certainly taste much nicer than the ones in the supermarkets.

Dawn said...

There is nothing better than tomatoes from the garden! And nothing like BLTs! Oh gosh, your making me hungry.

Judy said...

You found the best recipe of all! Pop goes the tomato!

Marcie said...

Nothing like homegrown tomatoes. But why are you teasing us with just a corner of your quilt?