Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Here she is post surgery -- a little dopey, a little swollen and very happy to be home. No toys, no treats and a soft diet for the next two days. Her bandage has cute little puppy paws all over it.When I dropped her off, they told me she would be ready to go home in about 3 hours. After waiting a little more than 4 hours, I called to check on her. She's fine. She's ready to go. Come pick her up. After I settled my bill, it was still another 45 minutes or so before we finally left. We were both frazzled and quite happy to get the heck out of there.My first shopping stop of the day was Rosie's She has such a huge selection of fabric, it can be overwhelming. For me, I do better when I'm shopping for a particular project at her shop or I just lose focus. Such was the case yesterday and I didn't buy any fabric. I did buy a bag of wool batting for a hand-quilting project I want to do. I also got a perle cotton and betweens for that same project.
I replaced the leather thimble that I use for every day sewing, 3 Cheri Payne patterns and Australian Homespun magazine. A pretty good haul.
Next I went to Country Loft One of my most favorite shops. It is in the cutest little house. I just feel so comfortable as soon as I step in the door. I always find something there and yesterday was no exception. I got some brushed cotton fat quarters, another Cheri Payne pattern and a McCall's Country Candle. In the 50% off room I found a Jan Patek book and the little mirrors I plan to use in the freshly painted bathroom (once it is freshly completed this weekend.) The Jan Patek book is 1 of 2 in a series. I happen to know that Fat Quarters has the second installment in their 50% off book bin.
I went here for my lunch. They off the a delicious Rueben sandwich. I read through my new magazine while I was there. A very nice magazine that I may try a subscription. They seem to offer so much more information than their American counterparts. I enjoyed reading the history and little fun facts throughout.
All of that filled my 3 hour window very nicely. With more time to kill, I drove to a Starbucks near the vet's office. I had my trusty hexagons with me. A nice latte and a table near the door and I entertained myself quite nicely watching the people come and go. Maybe people should think a little more carefully on what they talk about in public. Maybe they just don't care.
Today it's back to painting for me. I'm emptying the closet, painting and then putting it all back. We should have just moved out of our bedroom. At this point we are too far into the project to change in mid-stream. Harper can relax on the bed and be my supervisor. Plenty of belly rubs will be the order of the day. Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Carol said...

Bless her heart...it is so hard because they just don't understand what's wrong. My 2-90 pound yellow labs are my babies and I know just where you are. What a nice day you had quilt shop hopping. I really like the quilt that you have your treasures sitting on. Is it a pattern?

Sue said...

Glad the surgery went well. Sounds like you had a good day of shopping as well!

Screen Door said...

I love the shopping you did. I'm confident we were sisters in another life. Starbucks is always on the list. Vanilla Latte Grande ---every shopping trip. I have them at other places-- they're never the same... Glad Harper is OK, pets are family members at our house. You'll have to share the quilt on the table...my kind of colors.

Melanie

The Calico Cat said...

YAY!

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Thank you for the Harper Report and I'm glad that she's doing well. I really hurt for her! ACK!

And, your shopping report was fun - felt like I was shopping with you. Fun, fun goodies came home with you!

Linda_J said...

What a pretty quilt your treasures are resting on! Hope Harper is up to snuff soon and being a good supervisor. I bet she is sticking pretty close to you today.

Sorry that your time was stretched so with their dawdling or underestimation of time but it sounds like you made good use of the time away from the clinic.

Sweet P said...

Sounds like a wonderful afternoon. I'm glad Harper's surgery went OK and you had made some great purchases. It's been ages since I have had a Starbucks coffee. I must go get one.

Judy said...

Well if you had to wait around for her surgery to take place, you did a good job filling the time! Good items and nothing just bought "because". All of them have specific purposes and reason you needed them.

It wasn't until just recently that I started buying stash fabric. I always bought for a particular quilt project!

Sp grateful puppy came away from the surgery well!

Cynthia said...

good to know everything went well for Harper.
Sounds like you had a good shopping trip. The Friday Craft group i attend has a subscription to Australian Homespun. There are some great projects in this magazine.

Finn said...

It sounds like an absolutely perfect way to spend the time. I'm sure it would have been even better if Harper hadn't been in surgery, but all things considered...sounds like a great time to me!

Glad you found some things...very satifying. Hugs, Finn

Patti said...

Harper looks like she's doing just fine, and it sounds like you had a good time shopping. How is she doing today? Must be OK if you are able to paint. The magazine looks like a good one - I wonder if I can find that around here in a Barnes and Noble? I'm sure there is no quilt shop in town that will have it.