Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I got started on my feathered star block yesterday afternoon. It's really fun! I have never worked with anything but the most basic pieces -- strips, squares, half-squares, quarter-squares ... I had bit of a rocky beginning figuring out how to cut those kites. Once I went back and re-read the directions, it all became clear.
The color is not coming out very true. What looks red in the photo is actually more of an eggplant. After some errands this morning, I hope to have time this afternoon to complete assembling the block.
Thanks to everyone who suggested that I do a sample block or two. It was a very smart idea.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I guess I'm going to have to break down and do a one block feathered star wallhanging to get it out of my system. :-) Yours is very pretty.

McIrish Annie said...

can't wait to see the finished block!!!

Patti said...

I knew you'd do just fine. Feathered stars aren't that hard - and are just like chocolate. Once you do one, you want to do a bunch more!

Finn said...

It looks wonderful Libby! You are off to a great start!
Color is one of those things that we all struggle with, I think. Probably the better the camera, the better the color, but it's hard to tell. mine are often quite different in the real world than they show in blogland.