Thursday, August 31, 2006

The painting continues. Yesterday I removed everything from the closet -- yes, hubby's chest of drawers, too. Piled it on the bed, on the cedar chest, on the floor ... The newpaper taped to the wall is to protect the mural from paint spatter. We are keeping the mural and will probably purchase an empty frame to hang over it.
I got the interior of the closet completely painted and all the piles of stuff in the first two photos put back in their original spots yesterday. I also got some of the other walls done (partially done) too. The ceiling goes up to 14' and I won't go up that high on the ladder when I'm home alone. It would be hours and hours before I was found should I fall off.
Today will be more of the same. Painting along the remaining walls, up to my height limit. I won't have as much moving to do. I can't move the bed alone, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.
The second photo is the pile of shoes -- mostly mine *s* The couple of pair you see in the foreground are the ones I am willing to part with. It doesn't seem like much, but getting rid of shoes is a huge sacrifice to me.
The third photo shows two stacks of clean quilts. These are quilts that were hanging in the bedroom or stacked in the "ambiance" display on top of our closet. The rocking chairs are part of the ambiance, too. The little rocker on the left was my childhood rocker and the one on the right was my mother's. I think mine was called a Kennedy rocker. President Kennedy used one such as this because it was comfortable for his bad back. I don't know if any or all of that is true, but it's a good sounding story.
Off to paint.
 Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I have a rocker similar to that which was mine as a little girl. don't know the name of it but I have lots of rag dolls sitting on it right now..

Finn said...

Hi Libby, just left you a comment down by Harper too..*VBS*
So glad the painting continues to go well. It's a lot of work, but will soooo worth it when everything is back in place..*VBS*
love seeing the pile of quilts there. And what great rockers you have. So nice to have both your and your moms *VBS*

Judy said...

My mom has her old rocker that about half the size of yours and made of wicker. Very cool rockers! Ditto on the ladder deal we have cathedral ceioling here so they go up to about 15 ft. and we have a ladder now that goes right up there but I won't get on it alone. I can do the walls with a great extendable roller handle but hubby does the cutting around the ceiling!

Works coming along great!!

The Calico Cat said...

Nice pile of quilts!

Patti said...

Can hardly wait to see what it looks like when you are all done. It will be marvelous and I'm sure you'll love it. You are making good progress.

Yes, Kennedy had a rocker. I was in high school and I remember news people talking about the "Kennedy rocker". He also had a bad back, but I don't know whether the two were related or not. I also don't remember what the rocker looked like. What a treasure you have, however, to have both of those rockers!

Dawn said...

Oh good luck with the painting. I hate doing that. I have a rocker pretty similar to that from when I was a baby!

Carol said...

I'll look forward to pictures when you are all done. What a job! Glad you are staying off that high ladder. Love the rockers...real treasures.

Sweet P said...

You have been very busy. I'm sure you will enjoy the fruit of your hard work.