Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ta Da :-). I pieced the rest of the block this afternoon. I am pleased to say that it is relatively flat and even measures out to be the stated size on the pattern. I must be careful that I don't sustain an injury patting myself on the back.

Here's a second photo - taken in daylight that is more true to the color. Linda J.- the little churn dashes peeking out in the photo on the right are a completed quilt I have on display. The feathered star isn't really part of anything. I wanted to try one on for size. Now I need to work out some borders.Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Patti said...

Very well done! She has such good step-by-step information doesn't she - I love her books.

Screen Door said...

Amazing the color changes with the different background lighting. It's not an easy block. Good job..
Melanie

Nancy said...

very, very nice. :-)

Sweet P said...

Great block Libby. I just found your blog and I like what I see so far. Libraries are special places. Some of my best childhoos memories are time spent in the local library.

Libby said...

It is funny that the color changed. I am using the camera in my cell phone because it is less complicated to get pictures on to the computer. Even with flash, it does not take it's best photos indoors. It still isn't a true representation of the color. I should take it outside and see what happens.

Linda_J said...

Your block looks wonderful! Is this part of a sampler or BOM? I see little churn dashes behind the block in similiar colors.

Tina said...

Hi Libby, your feather star is beautiful, I haven't attempted one yet was it a challenge? I am enjoying your blog welcome to a great group of women, I'm sure there are some men quilters out there in blog land I just haven't meant them yet...
Hugs Tina

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Incredible!

Finn said...

Wow..it really looks great Libby!! You just sailed right through that one..*VBS* So happy to hear that it's a good book and the size turned out accurately! Onward!!
Hugs, Finn

Linda_J said...

AH, the "mystery" is solved then!

I use those flurescent spiral bulbs in my sewing room fixtures and have the same problem with color changes on any shots that I try to take in here.

You did a great job--I know that the block is not particularly an easy one which is why I made only one for a round robin. That backfired when I couldn't part with it after all that work, LOL. I substituted something not so near and dear to my heart.

McIrish Annie said...

Wow!! really well done. I'm impressed with the flatness. and your color choice is great.. Might I suggest you do three more to go with that one for a small project and then JUMP into the fabric you only had a bit of !!!