Friday, September 29, 2006

After several futile attempts at putting up a short video, I am going finally going to post some photos of our nearly finished, freshly repainted bedroom. We started this project just before Labor Day, completed the bulk of the work, then took a nice, long rest. This week things were hung on the walls again and it's starting to look like a bedroom again.

It has been a journey for us. This room has been painted four colors now. We started with the contractor's choice - Navajo White. Next I selected a pale green. Pretty enough on the paint chip but felt like we were sleeping inside a carton of pistachio ice cream. We went back to a neutral color - sisal. We like it fine but our livingroom and hallway are that color, too. Didn't feel like we had much imagination.

Here we are with Camilla Sage. I still can't make sense of the name, but I sure like the color. The first picture is the little hallway that enters into the room. The door on the right is a linen closet.

The next photo is looking back toward that hallway. The open doorway at the right edge goes into the bath. If you turn right at the leather backpack (a future 'Favorite Things' subject) you would be headed back out the hallway that you just came in.
This picture shows 'my side of the room'. Some of my very favorite photographs from over the years, a few special stuffed animals including one made from my grandma's mink coat, an Winnie-the-Pooh painting I did for Hubby some years back.
This photo shows the last part of the room to be decorated. We didn't put things back on the wall in the same places they were. That left this whole wall with nothing on it. I know just the quilt I want to make to display here. Remember that stack of brushed cottons from a few weeks back. I have them all ironed and ready to cut. This won't be a blank wall for long. Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Marcie said...

I am sorry you have had trouble with paint colors, but it is a relief to know that I am not the only one! I can't pick out paint to save my life. A few years ago I had 2 bedrooms, and halls painted a lovely warm tan. It turned out to be peach. Not at all what I wanted. But we paid to have it done and I am still "enjoying" it! Yours looks wonderful!

Sweet P said...

I love the color you have now. It's very relaxing.

Nancy said...

I love the color since our bathroom is in that same shade, I call it our mud room. Your's is gorgeous, I see several sneak peeks of quilts I like too.

joyce said...

The color looks great. It is a neutral color so all of your art and quilts look good against it.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

It looks really nice. Your hard work had definitely paid off.

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

It is very cozy, and the clour really highlights the quilt on the wall. I like to have my bedroom a bit darker, like a cave. Mine is a sort of mushroomy pink.

Anonymous said...

I wanna see that quilt that is over the chair & the one that is on the wall...

Carol said...

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful...it looks so cozy and peaceful...just what a bedroom should be. Looking forward to more pictures. Carol

Screen Door said...

I've said before I love the paint colors.Looks like home--completely different than 'just a house'. Can't wait to see the brush cotton quilt....

Cynthia said...

i like the color of your walls. I also spotted a quilt hanging on the wall. Have you posted a photo of this quilt before? would love to see it.

Shelina said...

Hi I'm dropping by after following a link from Pieces of my Scrapbag. I really like the colors of the room, and I especialy like how you have it decorated with so many quilts. Right now, all my quilts are hanging downstairs, and I haven't gotten around to any upstairs yet.

Finn said...

Hi Libby, it's fun to sneak a peek into the newly recorated room. Color sure is a hard choice isn't it?? It looks so great on that little chip, but 4 walls of it?? Oh my!
Love seeing the little favorite things you have around here and there. And how nice that some are made by you..*VBS*
Can't wait to see the what the homespuns become. Hugs, Finn

Judy said...

The trick I always use it to get the small can (some now sell sample sizes) and paint a few 1x1 foot spaces on a few areas and see what the color looks liek and how it changes as the day goes by. Some I have thought were great turned peach at night, some don't work at all.

I like the color you have now. Dark, yet really clean and striking looking!

Patti said...

That is a beautiful color - I trust it will stay this way, at least for awhile? It makes a wonderful backdrop for your quilts, photos, and other things.

Dawn said...

Oh what wonderful new painted rooms! And the basket quilt peeking in the picture looks really fun too! Everything looks wonderful!

tami said...

I really like the paint color you have landed on. It's clean and restful and makes a nice backdrop for quilts. :o) Hopefully you will like it too so you won't have to try again.