Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The fall decorations are getting put out slowly, but surely. This year I am trying to find new places to display them, so it's taking a bit longer than normal to put up.
This is a little Fall Valentine I made for Hubby a couple of years back. The verse was from a card I sent him many years ago. I always remembered and liked it. I drew it all out on paper just doodling and decided I could convert it to embroidery quite easily.
The green stripe fabric at the top is my favorite fabric of all time. I only have about a fat quarter of it left. I'm quite particular about when I am willing to use some -- especially for a gift. Hubby was an easy choice.
I haven't been at the sewing machine for many days now. It's not bothering me because I have several hand projects that are on going and I'm getting in my quilt-y time that way. I am close to completing the punched rug -- maybe one more evening. I have my ever present hexagons and a hand quilting project that I have not yet shared. I know exactly what I'm going to start on next -- just feel like I should finish something up before I begin another. Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh this stitchery is wonderful, and what a great verse! Geez, you guys are going to make me get going with my fall decorations aren't you!

Sue said...

I love the idea of a fall valentine.
Very sweet!

Hedgehog said...

Very cute little fall valentine!

Anonymous said...

Love that fall valentine... (So much so I'd like to send the picture to my DH - would ya mind?)

paula, the_quilter said...

I like that type of embroidery and a fall valentine is a neat idea. /paula

Linda_J said...

This stitchery is sooooo cute! Love the sentiment.

Nancy said...

Too cute, might have to just steal that verse from you Libby, and I have that green fabric too, just love it, I've even made prim curtains with it. Nancy in MT

Finn said...

Hi Libby, thank you for stitching up that great little verse and embroidery for DH..it's quite wonderful! I do love the look of it..*VBS*
Your favorite green reminds me of something I saw at Country Threads awhile back...wonder who made it???

Do you subscribe to or have any of the older issues of American Patchwork and Quilting? A few years back there was a Santa pillow in redwork in there...I've been looking for it for awhile. Didn't do much embroidery back then, but sure love it now. Guess age really does "free us" up..*S* Hugs, Finn

Cynthia said...

that is a very nice stitchery. I am enjoying seeing everyones Autumn quilts, etc that have been shown on blogs. It's my favourite season.

Norma said...

You are exercising great discipline if you can finish the projects you have already started before starting something new! I have trouble with that. I love the little stitchery piece you designed! Very cute.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Libby, That's darling. What a great keepsake for your DH.

Linda_J said...

I thought I had a piece that looked like your stuff on the top of the wallhanging but turns out mine has a bit of blue stripe in it. BUT I am not through the whole bin yet, LOL.

Screen Door said...

I love the fabric around the ends. This is a piece you'll always keep.