Thursday, September 21, 2006

I have been a little out of the loop for the last day or two. Bloggers and quilters are very prolific -- there are so many posts to catch up on. I have been reading and enjoying them all. I might not take a moment to comment at every place I visit, but I'll try to get back on track with regular visits after today.

I have been working on the punched rug. It is fun and very mindless. I am cutting strips as I go and that seems to be working well. While the pattern gives fabric amounts, I didn't want to cut it all into 1/4" strips -- what to do with the left overs? I wouldn't want to attempt stitching them into something. This way I cut a bunch, punch them in then go back and cut some more. If I do this type of project again, I will have a better idea of what it takes to fill in an area without too many leftover strips.
I have been working on the punched rug. It is fun and very mindless. I am cutting strips as I go and that seems to be working well. While the pattern gives fabric amounts, I didn't want to cut it all into 1/4" strips -- what to do with the left overs? I wouldn't want to attempt stitching them into something. This way I cut a bunch, punch them in then go back and cut some more. If I do this type of project again, I will have a better idea of what it takes to fill in an area without too many leftover strips. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

KCQuilter said...

Oooh, love your punched rug. Crows on pumpkins are one of my favorite things. And that quilt on the bed is phenomenal! I really like how you have it turned on point. Just beautiful.

Marcie said...

I would love to visit your house. Every time you show a picture I can see stuff I want to get a better look at! The star quilt on the bed looks really neat, and the stuff on the wall in the back looks very interesting. So much fun primitive stuff. Love it!

Sweet P said...

Your rug is coming along nicely. The quilt on your bed is awesome too.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

I love it - it's looking wonderful. I don't blame you for cutting strips as you go. Great idea.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Libby, I missed the quilt on your bed - it's beautiful. I love your work!

Finn said...

Hi Libby, *VBS*, both the punch rug and the quilt on the bed are great! Such good progress on both..you have been busy!!!

The primative look of both is really great in your home. Way to go!! Hugs, Finn(who eyeballed what a 1/4" strip looks like...oh my!)