Friday, September 22, 2006

Look at what was in my mailbox yesterday. Melanie sent the sweetest of fabric postcards to me. Fall is my favorite time of year and crows and pumpkins are among my favorite images. The stamp is still in tact and it has been hand-cancelled. The perfect pick me up during a week that has had some up's and down's.

I worked on the punched rug quite a bit yesterday. (The one with the pumpkin and crow *s*) The inner background is almost completely filled in. I hope to get the outer background done over the weekend. Then the question is: What to do with it? Right now I'm going between framing or turning into a pillow. Any thoughts?

Yesterday's post had a picture of a quilt on my bed with a repeat paragraph about the punch rug. I have taken to copying my posts to a word file until I'm sure that Blogger has not eaten it. Blogger was hungry yesterday and I had to cut and paste my post over a couple of times. What I intended to share was the quilt on the bed is a project I completed last week. I had shown the top in a previous post. Now it is quilted and bound and has found a temporary home on my bed. The pattern is from Buggy Barn and uses half square triangles to make up the Lone Star design. I made a traditional Lone Star in my early quilting career with lumpy success. I love the colors in this one and the fact it came out flat. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Beth said...

How cute! I am totally going to have to learn how to make these.

Patti said...

I wondered about the quilt on your bed when I read yesterday's post. It's really a beauty! I didn't know they had a pattern. Is it a separate pattern or in one of their books? I have all of their books - love their stuff.

Judy said...

I too wondered about the bed quilt! I'm so happy to see that it's one of the HST stars I think I can do that, not so much the other type!! I'd love to make one sometime!

I think you bedroom has turned out very nice indeed! Love all the colors and decorations!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

That is a wonderful Lone Star type quilt you made! Always nice to find a pattern that you like - that doesn't come out "lumpy" - grin! And, the postcard must have been fun to find in the mail!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

I, also wondered about the quilt on the bed - thanks for sharing the pattern source. I'll have to look that one up.

That postcard is cute, cute, what a great surprise!

Dawn said...

OH what an adorable post card! I love it!

Linda_J said...

Lucky you and well done, Melanie!