Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Scarecrows are complete and ready to adorn something in the house this fall. I did limited hand-quilting on this piece. I just wasn't in the mood to set up the machine for free-motion quilting, but didn't want to dedicate a lot of time to hand-quilting when it will be stored in the garage rafters for 10 out of 12 months. I did a quick echo around each scarecrow, once around the embroidery and just inside each rectangle and called it good. When I started I gave no thought to binding (and it probably shows) I just pulled some strips out of a strip box, stitched them together and put 'em on. It's okay. I love just putting things together as they may sometimes just to see what will happen.
Now I'm going to get to work on that nice stack of brushed cottons I shared a couple of days ago. Tonight I'll get it all pressed and ready to cut in the morning. Time to heat up the iron .... Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

cute, cute scarecrows. They will be adorable this time of year.

Patti said...

This turned out absolutely perfectly! I love the scrappy binding. Have you decided where you are going to hang it?

Sue said...

I love how cute this is! Perfect for fall...

May Britt said...

I always (almost) use bindings of combining strips. The scarecrows is cute.

Carol said...

Just wonderful! The binding is perfect!

Cynthia said...

well done on finishing your scarecrow quilt. It looks great.
Can't wait to see what you do with bundle of fabrics you posted about.

Judy said...

It turned out so nice and I think it probably has all the quilting it needs. You aren't going to sit under it after all. I love how the ninding is scrappy. I like doing that one my quilts!

Angie said...

Love it, love it, love it!!! :)

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Love the scarecrows! and just in time to use them!!

Finn said...

Hi Libby, the scarecrows look wonderful..*VBS* I like their attire...almost like a costume ball..*S*

And as for binding, I love the whimsey of using what falls to your hand..very primative feeling...good job!! Hugs, Finn

Dawn said...

Another wonderful quilt. I remember seeing this when you first started working on it. I love those lady scarecrows!