Monday, September 11, 2006

A sweet surprise landed in my mailbox today. A few weeks back MayBritt asked the question: What do you think about blogging. I responded to her query and was lucky to be selected by MayBritt and her daughter to receive a prize *s* I went to my mailbox this morning and found this little package with a sweet note waiting there for me. This lovely fat quarter is sure to find the perfect home in quilt before we know it. I think the wise little owl will probably sit on my sewing table to give me guidance while I'm stitching. I have a friend whose husband has some health problems, but enjoys spending his time with a stamp collection. So even the stamps on the envelope will bring happiness to someone. Thank you MayBrit-what a fun package to receive.

*s*See my shoes peeking out under the top of the coffee table? I notice this happens often when I take photos looking down. At least today, my shoes are cute ... so I didn't crop them out. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Judy said...

That's one of my most favorite fabrics. I have lots of it I liked it so much!!

Cool shoes! Tennis shoes??

Hedgehog said...

Beautiful! Lucky you!

May Britt said...

I am glad you liked it. Enjoy the fabric and thw owl will watch your sewing.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Libby, let's go see May. She is such a delight. It would be so much fun to sit and stitch with her. Maybe she'll call Hanne! :-)

Sweet P said...

What beautiful fabric. And what a good friend you are to think of your friend and share the stamps with him. You really did deserve the giftie.

Cynthia said...

that's a lovely fabric. I haven't seen it before. Lucky you to have recieved it.

I'm like you Libby, i also have taken a photo for blogging and then noticed my feet have been in the way.

Finn said...

Good Morning one day late Libby...*VBS* Yes, you DO have adorable shoes on today..LOL, and the same thing happens to me. I'm always so surprised because I don't see them through the view finder..*S*

It's a lovely prize you won...and a great Owl. I have a small furry gray squirrel that I was given back in the 1960's that provises guidance to my days. Hugs, Finn