Friday, September 01, 2006

Thank you to everyone who has expressed good wishes to Harper. She seems back to her perky, happy self. Only a little bit of unhappiness and frustration over not having toys available for a quick game. But there was great joy over chicken and rice for all her meals. Today the toy box is back in its spot, but it's also back to a regular menu. You have to take the good with the bad sometimes.
Painting continues. By the end of yesterday there was some paint on every wall. Today it should be all filled in with only the trim left to do. We used the laser level to tape a frame around the mural.
The color is a little hard to describe and isn't exactly shown true here. The name on the chip is Camilla Sage - whatever that is. It's kind of golden-olive brown. It is a dark shade, to be sure. The room is on the southwest side of the house and is flooded with light throughout the day. With the high ceiling and plenty of windows, it should not be cave-like. Hubby and I both like dark, rich colors. This will be the fourth color we have had this room. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this one will stick.
I have not forgotten the requests for a photo of the quilt that was partially shown the other day. I will try to get it outside to photograph it this weekend. Hang in there with me. Also, yesterday I mentioned a Kennedy rocker. I did a little research online and found that there is a Kennedy rocker, but it is not the style of my childhood chair. The Kennedy rocker was named for a chair the President used, very plain in style, a comfortable seat for him when experiencing back pain.
Congrats to everyone who made it through the Fabric Depression. I hope you got a chance to go shopping today.
A safe, relaxing Labor Day weekend to everyone. Break-time is over ... time to paint. Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Screen Door said...

Glad Harper is on the mend. They're pitiful when they don't understand why they hurt. The paint job was a success. I have no 'guts' when it comes to painting. I'm kind of a " latte, eggshell,creme, cloud cover" kinda girl--you gotta it..OFF WHITE. I've gotta change that. Enjoy your weekend.

Melanie

Linda_J said...

Well, camellias (and I mispelled that) are white or pink and sage I guess means a grayed--green but that description name is a little out there. Doesn't evoke anything with me, LOL.

Bet you are glad that is done, or about to be.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

You're working way too hard but you'll be very happy with your results when you're done.

I think that Harper should continue to have chicken and rice and his toys :-)

Sue said...

I remember the Kennedy rocker days. Seems like they were in all the stores for a while!
Glad Harper is feeling better...

Marcie said...

Hi Libby, I have to tell you that I love your name! My great grandmother was called Libby. My grandmother was called Bessie, but that name hasn't re-surfaced! Your room is really coming along. I can't wait to see the finished look! Take care!

Libby said...

Hello, LIBBY!!!

I so rarely meet someone who shares this name with me that I had to come see who you are!

I found you through Sue's blog after she had visited mine.

Hopefully I will find my way back to you when I have more time to peruse.

Dawn said...

Oh I"m so happy Harper is feeling better! We took Chloe to the doggy bakery today for a special treat! I love the color of your room! That is going to look so warm and cozy!

Judy said...

It almost look like a nice khaki color to me. Bet you are glad to be finished!

Cynthia said...

your room is coming along nicely. Hope you can post a photo when everything is finished.

Sweet P said...

I like the color of your room. With lots of sunlight it should be a great color. I'm glad to hear Harper is doing better too.

What a wonderful DH to go to a quilt show with you. I haven't convinced mine to join me yet a quilt show.