Sunday, October 29, 2006

Here it is -- My Spot. This is where I watch t.v., leaf through magazines and do handwork. The chair is nice and comfy. I have two lamps - one on each side of me - and the sliding glass door behind, all to provide lots of light. I have pincushion, thread, thimbles (and the remote control *s*) all within reach on the table. I store extras in the drawers. My basket of hexagons is ever present right at my feet. Hubby's chair is just out of view on the other side of the table. When I'm alone, I turn the ottoman so it's directly in front of my chair. When Hubby has joined me, we put it in the middle and share. Harper likes the ottoman, but prefers if we beg her to get on it. If I am up doing things around the house, she will sit in my chair and look out the window. She never sits in Hubby's chair.
I found this little surprise in my mailbox Saturday morning. Earlier I shared the fall Valentine that I made for Hubby and talked about my favorite 'quiltworthy' fabric. Linda came across this lovely piece in her stash and sent it my way. I know just the project I'm going to use it in. I can't even begin to express how excited I was over this piece of fabric or how sweet it was of her to think of me and send it my way. Aren't quilters just the best?
The last photo is Harper in her spot. She hopped right up on her ottoman and got cozy. She is not always cooperative when it comes to looking at the camera, but she does seem quite pleased with her pose.  Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Angie said...

Libby, Harper is a real beauty!! I recently fell in love with a big dog-a collie/golden retriever mix. I would have loved to have had him but was afraid my Badger wouldn't be able to share me. :(

You have some great looking quilt pieces behind your chair, on your sewing machine, on the ottoman...have we seen the one on the wall and the ottoman? :)

Angie said...

Ooops, forgot to comment that was really sweet of Linda to share a piece of her stash with you! Aren't gifts in the mail so much fun!! *S*

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Harper is just so pretty!! Her coloring is very unique like our Barguns...:O)... the doggies are just the best are they not!!

jpquilter said...

that chair does look very comfy and that fabric is wonderful - I have a piece of it in my stash too
can't wait to see how you use it
juliann

Linda_J said...

You are most welcome, Libby! It might not be the same piece as your quiltworthy one but I hope it finds a home in one of your wonderful quilts.

What a pretty pupper Harper is! Does the treadle work or is it just the cabinet?

Sue said...

Everyone needs a cozy corner and yours really fits the bill!
Harper looks quite content in that pose!

DubiQuilts said...

A cozy spot for all the family to be together is very nice. I love the quilts and singer sewing machine. Harper is a beautiful dog!

May Britt said...

Cosy spot you got. And the quilt above your chair is beautiful. Please show a closeup of it. And also the one you have on the table besides your chair.
Mailbox suprises are fun, and yes...quilters are great friends.
Harper is so sweet. It is so nice to have a animal in the house.

Cynthia said...

your little corner looks great with the quilts and sewing machine nearby. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Screen Door said...

She's definitely a movie star in the making!!!

Shelina said...

That looks like a nice comfortable chair to sit an relax and get some serious quilting done. I too was admiring the quilt on the wall.

Nancy said...

I see you have a nice cozy spot too. I wish I could use my treadle machine legs that were my grandmothers as a table beside my chair but there's just not enough room.

Harper sure is a cutie. :-) I have trouble getting my cats to look at the camera too. Although they are good at posing.

Beth said...

That is a very comfy looking chair. And the other quilty things in the picture are very nice! What a beautiful doggie you have there too!

Beth

Dawn said...

Love your quilting spot! I don't have any one spot - it is wherever someone isn't!

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Harper looks lovely - what a pretty girl.

Judy said...

You spot is great! I love big leather chairs. Lucky you have a dog, the cats grab stuff in open baskets in their mouths and run OFF with them! Nothing can be open in this house!!

Love the quilt on the wall too!