Thursday, January 04, 2007

Finally -- a dreary, cool day. We even have reports that there might be a little rain. I am a coastal girl and all of this dry air and Santa Ana condition is making me feel parched -- inside and out.
Today I'm going to start a new project -- a table runner made from Daiwabo Taupes. I have been eying these fabrics for sometime. Judy has shown her BOM using these fabrics and it is outstanding. I found a little kit at the quilt shop yesterday and HAD to have it. I was supposed to be shopping for a gift exchange gift. There was only 1 kit -- I was FORCED to find something else as the gift because the kit had my name all over it.
Here is the latest 'fence' quilt. This was the first applique project I made. Purchasing the fabrics was exhausting. I still believed that my fabrics had to look just like the pattern. I have learned a lot since I made this quilt. I think it has found a perfect home.
*please excuse the photo -- it's taken through the window and the screen, both a little dirty right now *
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I can't wait to see whay you do with the taupes...

Angie said...

Okay, girlfriend, I'll send you my snail mail addy any time you're ready for it. LOL The quilts that you find appropriate to hang outside would look just wonderful on my INSIDE walls!! LOL I love this applique piece...hmmmm, been shopping have you? :) can't wait to see them..

paula, the quilter said...

Your Santa Ana has turned into a Chinook Wind (snow eater) out here. I can't wait to see what you make with the Taupes.

Dawn said...

Its so fun to go back and see "firsts"!

Sweet P said...

I love the quilt on your fence. The hexagons are looking good too.

Susie said...

Love your quilt through the window. Your winds have moved to us, along with rain and very cold. Such a gray dreary day..

dot said...

Great quilt on the fence. I like the look through the screen. I know what you mean by finding a gift for someone else but having your name all over it.

Linda_J said...

Isn't a sign of how you have grown as a quilter to NOT have to make an exact replication of the kit or pattern?

Great view through your window and screen. I don't blame you for not going out.

Gotta love those little bitty hexagon stars---wow! You are a better hand piecer than I will could ever aspire to.

Faith said...

thanks for showing everyone this quilt its it gorgeous.... do you have to hand quilt in some places?

Judy said...

I like the picture through the screen... that way we get to see the vision through your eyes, just the way you see it!!

Very pretty!

Lois R. said...

Love the fence quilt!

Diana said...

Libby, I just love the fence quilt. I made a quilt with a similar pattern last year, but NEVER thought of using the center block for applique. The hexagons are so small and so beautiful.

Shelina said...

It is a beautiful quilt. I like the effect looking through the screened window!

I can see why you wanted to keep the table runner. Amazing how quickly you got it finished.