Monday, January 22, 2007

I pulled out a long neglected yet not forgotten project over the weekend. It was one I came across when I did the clean up of my supplies a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I have not abandoned Bob, but right now it's only handwork and I like to have something to piece on the machine at the same time. I started working on this project about two years ago.

As you can see, I did lots and lots of cutting and began the sewing. I was really having some difficulty in following all the instructions and put it aside for another day. I got out the pattern yesterday afternoon and read it over very carefully. I think I understand what I'm supposed to be doing this time around. There is a lot of sewing, unsewing, re-sewing to put the blocks together. After a cup or two of coffee, I should be alert enough to take it on.
Wish me luck.
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Sweet P said...

That is quite a quilt to make, is it a time consuming process or just a dificult process to make it?

Carol said...

You sure have ny attention...I'm ready to watch this one grow.

dot said...

I will be interested to see what becomes of this.

Dawn said...

Oh Libby! I can't wait to see your progress. I"ve always wanted to do a trip around the world postage quilt like this but never had the guts to start! OK, I'm going to live through you for a bit....

Screen Door said...

Nothing like a little "light-sewing" to wake you up in the morning...Yes??? It looks tough, but one of those quilts "that last" Have fun...

May Britt said...

It will be a amazing quilt when it is finished. And it will feel so good to have done it. I wish you good luck with it.

Fiona said...

Gosh, that looks intricate. Very effective though. I'll look forward to seeing more progress.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Ah, so it's a trip around the World...looks complocated, I just love that all the cutting's done and strips were sewn. It should come together really well now. LOVE Bob, he looks great.

KCQuilter said...

Wow, Libby! You are one brave woman! Can't wait to see it progress.

Cynthia said...

all i can say is "wow"!! I will be interested to see how you go with this quilt but i'm sure you will do a terrific job as you do with all your quilts.

The Calico Cat said...

Gotta love those sew, unsew, sew again patterns...

McIrish Annie said...

Libby, I am going to start calling you Little Bits, since you love the little teetiny pieces and blocks. I know that this strip pieced and cut but still results in tiny pieces. Can't wait to see the finished result.

BTW, I got a big kick out of your naming the latest project "Bob". that's my DH's name and he certainly is a "WIP"! LOL

Angie said...

You can do it, girlfriend! Just go for it---look at Bob--*s* I'm cheering you on.

Eclecticmk - Margie said...

WOW! That is going to be some quilt. I can't wait to watch it grow.

Judy said...

What the heck are those...one inch strips??? Yikes girl, small it is huh? I'm dying to see how all the cutting and re-sewing into ??trianlges?? it looks like, are going to end up in the end!

Good for you for not being scared... cuz I am a little!

Lois R. said...

Pretty colors!

Deb said...

I've never seen a "postage stamp" quilt before - it will be amazing when finished.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Libby, I can't wait to see it, the colors look yummy! I will be watching to see what your strips become!