Monday, January 15, 2007

Looks like it's going to be a pictureless post today. I have some pictures on my camera, but my computer does not want to download them. No problem, I'll just blab about something that I already have a picture of. Wait . . . no, can't do that either. Blogger doesn't want to cooperate. Fine! I'll paint pictures with words.
Thank you all for your birthday greetings -- I really had an outstanding one this year. Hubby bought me some really fun gifts -- all things I have been wanting for some time. Red splatterware for picnics on the patio, a hoody sweatshirt (an important part of my daily uniform), some lavender soap, and the cutest popcorn you every saw -- it's very tiny and I will show real pictures when the moon and stars align. The Princess sent a beautiful crystal bowl. It makes beautiful sound and has cherry blossoms etched all around. I'm thinking of making a triffle to serve from it. It will be lovely to look at even if it doesn't taste good.
On the quilting front, I have been working on a feathered star block. Back in September, I shared a photo of a fat quarter pack that called to me. It has been ironed and waiting all these months. I had made all the hst's (more than enough I think) and got bored with pressing the seams, crammed it all in a box and moved on to something else. Saturday I pulled it all out and finished up the pressing. Today I got a very good start on piecing it together. I have been saving a spot on the wall in the bedroom for this quilt -- I'm tired of looking at that big, blank spot.
I'm going to Road To California quilt show this week. I'm getting very excited. For the last two years I have not attended the show. I'm hoping to see some beautiful quilts on display and have plenty of time to peruse the vendor mall. I don't 'need' anything, but I often find a book or two to purchase that I haven't seen in my area. Also there are vendors that carry nice wool -- not always easy to find in southern California. I bet I find a piece of fabric or two that I just can't live without.
This is my 100th post. I was surely surprised when I noticed the number creeping up the other day. Back at the end of July when I started my blog, I had no idea I would have so much to say. My family might beg to differ -- I do love to tell a story. I also had no thought that I would meet so many wonderful people from all around the world. I couldn't have imagined that my little spot would be inviting to so many and that each and every one would be so warm and friendly.
I have been inspired by your work, saddened by your troubles, felt joy for the good things happening in your lives, and best of all warmed by the embrace of your friendships. I hope that I am able to give back just a little of what I have been so fortunate to receive here.

13 comments:

Abby said...

Congrats on your 100th post. I didn't even realize that had written over 100. Time flies when your having fun. Keep writing...somebody's reading.

joyce said...

Have fun at the quilt show. It sounds like your birthday was a happy one!

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad that you had a good birthday! Blogger has been a great sourse of help and inspiration to many of us...thanks for your part! Amazing how quickly your posts collect, isn't it?

Finn said...

Hi Libby, my most heart felt wishes for a happy, happy birthday for you!!
Sorry I'm late...just think of Alice in Wonderland and the White Hare...that's me!!

Great pic of you in the post below..*VBS* And as always, sounds like you are keeping very busy. I hope this next year holds all sorts of good things for you! Congrats on the #100 post..boy, that went fast didn't it??? Big birthday hugs, Finn

Susie said...

Hi Libby,
Glad it was a wonderful birthday for you. I also have a bowl with cherries etched on it. I use it for cherries jubilee!
Congratulations on 100 posts! I've so enjoyed getting to know you :)
hugs!

Carol said...

Libby congratulations on 100 posts! Thanks for sharing a bit of you with all of us. I am so happy that I found you and that you are a part of my day! Looking forward to 100 more. Have a great day! Carol

Screen Door said...

You got your dishes....YES!!!!!!We'll be having Cyber Tea Parties before you know it! I'm glad your birthday was outstanding......You know you're my hero....Quilt some for me...

Cynthia said...

congratulations on your 100th post. I've enjoyed reading them and getting to know a little about you. Look forward to reading the next 100 posts and more :-)

I'm so glad that you also enjoyed your birthday. Have fun at the Quilt Show.

Angie said...

You've certainly given back, girlfriend! I'm always watching for your posts to pop up. :) Sounds like you've been a busy girl lately. ;) And oh my, a quilt show and vendors...what a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday---and your 100th post! Congrats on that too! :) I have a feeling there will be several fiber pieces that will 'jump' into your arms for a new home, along with some new 'reading' material! :) Have fun, girlfriend!

Dawn said...

Oh I can't wait to see the feathered star!!! Hope the stars and planets align really quickly! And have a blast at the quilt show this weekend!

Nancy said...

Great post Libby! Nancy in MT

Judy said...

I can't wait to see what you find at the show!! I'll add to the others by saying you have given back surely as much as you have received!

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Glad you had a nice birthday. I always ennjoy visiting you - isn't blogging great?