Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday - again. We had a wonderful weekend of birthday celebrating. The actual day was Saturday, but we like to stretch things out as long as possible - it's a long time until the next birthday rolls around. On Friday evening we had birthday cake and the singing of Happy Birthday. As I was a soloist this year, I was unable to accompany myself on the kazoo. The cake was angel food with white chocolate whipped cream for topping. How many ways can you say -deelish?
Saturday began with opening some gifts, breakfast and some of that cream for the cake in our coffee. Also a nice phone call from The Princess and more gift opening over the web cam. (It's just so fun to see her - and sometimes catch her rolling her eyes at us. We are still parents after all.) Then a few required Saturday errands before we got in the car and headed north.
We went straight up the 101 to that famous intersection Hollywood and Vine. The actual destination was the Hollywood Pantages Theater to see Wicked.
First we had dinner at Musso and Frank's. It is exactly as described - the ultimate film noir setting. You surely got the feeling that your booth once occupied by Bogart. Places such as this that have stood the test of time and few and far between, especially in a place like Hollywood.
The show was wonderful - we knew it would be. If you get the chance to see it - I highly recommend it. The Pantages is a wonderful venue - our first visit since the renovations were made in '02. I thought it was wonderful before and I still do now. I could go back again and again just to look at the building.
Now we've left 'Tinseltown' behind and are back to the daily routine. I've been looking through books, magazines and patterns - staking out my next project. I feel like some applique is in order. I have a neglected BOM that is all applique - but I think I just want to start something new. I'll see what strikes my fancy and let you know.

14 comments:

Conni Lu said...

I saw WICKED on New Year's Eve in Chicago and I agree that it's a good show. The dinner sounds like it was just as much of an experience as the show!

Wendy said...

What a wonderful Bday weekend for both of you. I love going to dinner and a show, we don't get out and do it often enough.

Hmmm next project...I always have about a dozen on my ever changing list.

Judy said...

Fabulous Birthday indeed! Sounds like the royal treatment all around!

Susie said...

What fun! So glad you had a wonderful celebration together!!
:)

Diana said...

Your birthday celebration sounds great! That restaurant sounds like quite an experience.

Fiona said...

Travelling up to Hollywood and Vine sounds impossibly glamorous to me! Looks like a good time was had by all.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

That sounds fabulous...now who's birthday actually was it again!!??? Sounds like the wife had equal the fun-and so she should!! Happy quilting, Tracey

Carol said...

Sounds like the PERFECT birthday...looking forward to the next project.

Lois R. said...

Glad you had a good weekend for the birthday celebration. sounds like fun. And the cake does sound deelish!

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

What a great week end full of birthday celebration and fun!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Sounds like a "Wicked Good" birthday weekend all around... white chocolate whipped cream? Oh my goodness!!

KCQuilter said...

What a great birthday weekend you had!!! I would love to someday go to the Pantages--sounds like my cup of tea! Can't wait to see what new applique project you start.

Dawn said...

Thats my problem - I always want to start something new!

Screen Door said...

Sounds like you had fun--Everyone needs days to celebrate the good stuff.....