Wednesday, March 21, 2007

On Saturday I got the chance to go to my favorite quilt shop, Country Loft. Among the many treasures, I found this terrific little kit tucked into one of the cabinets. The sample had a tag that said it could be used as a rotary cutter case or ???. Well, I already have a cute wool rotary cutter case, but I didn't have a case for my sunglasses. I pulled them off the top of my head and popped them into the sample . . . a perfect fit. The kit came home with me.It took only a little bit of time yesterday afternoon to do the applique and stitch up the sides. Wool is so fun to work with. I think I will add a little piece of hook and loop tape to the flap to secure it closed and prevent the glasses from falling out.

A very quick, satisfying and useful project. Can a girl ask for anything more?

11 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Libby, what a great little project after such a big one. Love the little wool case..*VBS* And what a good job you did on getting your Irish Chair ready for the bed. It's amazing how something can sit and sit and then suddenly, we are ready to finish it and do!!
Also like the one you finished up for the Wounded Warrier Center. Hugs, FInn

Judy said...

Very, very snazzy sunglasses holder! I love the outer fabric with the big square plaid!! I haven't done much wool work but it sure makes for a delightful project! Great job!

Angie said...

Well, isn't that the most adorable sunglasses case!!! Wonderful idea...and I love working with wool too. Also, congrats on finishing your Irish Chain. :D

May Britt said...

What a great sunglass case. Perfect!

Screen Door said...

I love the flower....I think the "Jeep" needs one!!!!! Be Sweet----

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

That's darling! I can't work with wool - lanolin and I don't get along. :-(

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Very cute little project. Love the flower.

Knot Garden said...

What a great little project. I love the daisy applique. Simple but beautiful.

Cynthia said...

what a nice sunglasses holder. I would love to make one just to carry my rotary cutter in.

Dawn said...

Very cute!

Marcie said...

Love those little wool projects! Yours is very cute!