Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This morning Hubby invited me on a lunch date. We try to meet for lunch on Wednesday each week that his work schedule allows. I'm at quilt class on Wednesday evening, so it's a way for us to share a meal and blab a little on a day we wouldn't normally have the chance.
One of our favorite places to meet is here. It it conveniently located about halfway from his office and home making it an easy place for both of us to get to. They have great food- yes, the fish tacos are outstanding - good service and this location is at the beach.
Usually the water is dotted with surfers. There are joggers, Frisbee players, dog walkers, all the usual beach activities. Today was a little different. We had a rain storm come through overnight. The wind kicked up and the water was really choppy - not the best day for Frisbee or surfing.
Instead we got to watch the kite boarders. They practically had the beach to themselves. It's just amazing to me how they hold on, flip around and stay in control - directing themselves on a path to where they want to go. As soon as I turned on to the Coast Highway, I was sorry I didn't have my camera with me. Thank goodness for the cell phone camera - no zoom, but if you look closely you can see the surfer out in the water.

8 comments:

Terri said...

The para-surfers were in full force yesterday. With the small "storm" that blew in the winds were wonderful and it was fun watching them from the San Diego to Oceanside Coaster :) I live closer to the Carlsbad Las Olas than the Cardiff location.

Judy said...

Very cool picture. At first I looked before I read and thought kite...well half right anyway. Imagine a surfer on the other end?

Okay...what the heck are fish tacos?

Wendy said...

It's great you set aside special "dates" with your DH. We do the same for a couple of evening a week.

Sweet P said...

How great that you and DH make it a point to have a lunch date. But you can eat all the fish tacos for me!

Diana said...

You are so lucky to live near the coast and be able to watch the ocean while eating your lunch! When we visit the shore I can spend hours just watching the waves come in and go out. The kite-surfing looks exciting.

Susie Q said...

Oh, what a fun day! Para-sailers,
a Mexican lunch...then I read more and find lovely quilts, pimento sandwiches (Yum) and the glorious Harper! Happy 10th sweet girl!

Happy Spring dear Libby!
Hugs,
Sue

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Wowzer! Bet that's cool to watch!

Your storm is now our storm - the wind is really kicking up right now.

Dawn said...

What a fun place to eat lunch! And very cool picture!