Monday, April 23, 2007

April showers bring May flowers . . .We had some wonderful rain come through over the weekend. Very much needed in these parts - we are over 6 1/2" below normal rainfall for this time of year and well past our regular rainy season. On late Friday afternoon, there was the most gorgeous rainbow in the valley I can see from my kitchen window. What a joy to watch it while preparing dinner.
We are down to the last few days of the Princess' visit. What a fun time it has been. We haven't done anything particularly spectacular in the way of trips or such - it's just so nice for all of us to be in the house together. Feels like family. I am trying to slowly but surely catch up on reading all the posts I have missed - please bear with me - I may not leave a comment on each individual post, but I am reading every word.
Not much in the way of quilting has gone on so today I am sharing a quilt I made a few years back. Because I favor darker colors, I have a difficult time decorating for spring. This quilt is called Purple Coneflowers by Linda Brannock. I think of it as a spring quilt because it features flowers and there is just a hint of pink in the background fabric. Guess it's a good thing that spring is a short season . . . for decorating purposes I think of May as the start of 'patriotic season.' Plenty of quilts to go around for that.

17 comments:

Carole said...

Glad to read you were able to enjoy the much needed rain fall. Your quilt looks lovely! Why do we associate light/pastel colours with spring? Perhaps because some designers have started the trend! I like dark colours myself. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your princess!

Nancy said...

Your coneflowers are very pretty. but I'm with carole. Why DO we associate spring with pastel colors. Cause I'm here to tell you the spring flowers around here are anything BUT pastel!

Susie said...

Glad you're enjoying your visit. Sometimes just being together as a family is far more fun than a planned activity.
Love the colors of your quilt. I don't think you've ever shown one that wasn't lovely!!
:)

Wendy said...

You are happy to get rain, we are happy the sun is finally out and NOT raining :-) Your spring flower wall hanging is beautiful.

Judy said...

Very beautiful and I am so glad to see quilting going just one way. I think I may have to stop after that on mine and seeing how it might look is certainly helpful!!

Spring is here!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Love the Holly and Berries quilt! Very sharp looking :O)... been trying to post for days and haven't been able to, but managed it today!

Hope you get more rain, I understand being behind on rainfall, here in Texas its the same, we need a lot more rain to get caught up!

Quilt Nut said...

it's lovely!

KCQuilter said...

We're getting rain today in KC too. Love your coneflower quilt. Linda Brannock is another local designer--love her work! Stay dry.

Screen Door said...

I was wondering about the rain--- you really never talk about it. I just figured the metaphor of it all..." Libby seldom rainy days..."

Cynthia said...

it's nice to know you are all enjoying your time together while the Princess is there.
We had some rain here on Saturday but it was NO WHERE near enough to what we need.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The coneflowers are very pretty. A rainbow is magical, isn't it? God's promise... enjoy your daughter!

Angie said...

Love your Spring wallhanging, Libby! I know you're squeezing every minute you can out of your visit with the Pincess. :) I'm sooo glad every one is having such a wonderful time. :)

Juliann said...

what a fun little quilt - glad your visit with the princess was fun

broadwaybabe said...

i love the rain

Nancy in MT said...

Oh my God, I love that quilt, so simplistic and prim.

Linda_J said...

I know you have enjoyed your visit with your princess and will hate for it to end. Blogging and blog reading can wait!

We are like you and really need some rain. Your tomatoes and roses need a drink.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I really like this quilt. And it is nice to have refreshing rain, sometimes, not all the time.