Sunday, April 08, 2007

I got a new toy yesterday. My trusty cell phone finally came to a place here it needed to be retired. It no longer wanted to take or hold a charge and just didn't seem to want to keep up with me any more.
I've known this day was coming for some time now and have been keeping an eye on what was available and the features that I wanted and needed most. High priorities were for hands-free talking (California law goes into effect July '08) and a camera.
When I first got a phone with a camera, I thought it was a silly thing. How wrong I was - I use it all the time. Seems like I'm taking a photo of something nearly everyday. Now not only can I take still photos, but I have video capability as well. Who would have thought? Hubby and I often laugh over the conversations we once had about never seeing a reason to have a car phone. Now we have phones with more memory than our original PC - and smaller than a deck of cards.
Here is a picture of my most willing subject - unedited - just straight off the phone . I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with it . . . and I may even make a call or two.
Princess Update - She is in the U.S. She has a long layover and then back in the air. Only 7 1/2 hours to go.

16 comments:

Judy said...

I take silly pictures with my phone! Like of people who I want to show someone what they are wearing...quilts, something I see. It's great once you have one!

I know the count down has begun to get close. Have a good three weeks and enjoy yourself!

Angie said...

Happy Easter, Libby! Love your cell phone with a camera -- and that photogenic baby of yours!! LOL Oooh, the princess is soooo close...Enjoy!

Susie said...

My cell doesn't have a camera, but maybe when this one wears out!
Do you just use a USB cable like a regular camera to download the photos? (or maybe that's not how you do it at all, I'm very techie challenged) :)

Carol said...

What fun...a new toy. The Princess must be there by now...ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn said...

I"m dying to get a phone with a camera! Mine is dying too and I was thinking the same thing - when I have to get a new one I'm getting a camera on it! Man the picture you took is awesome. Not long now and dd will be there!

paula, the quilter said...

I luv my cellphone with camera! I've emailed pics to my home computer with it. When did you put up the new banner? I've been reading via bloglines and must have missed it. Enjoy your time with The Princess.

Shelina said...

Congratulations on your new phone. I think it is great to have a handy dandy camera so you can snap a quick photo of whatever you want to. I so far have resisted the cell phone craze, but when Sushi goes off to college, I'm going to be giving her one so I can get a hold of her.

Shelina said...

Hey I missed the banner too. See how observant I am? When did you get i? That is some beautiful quilting on it.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Love the new banner! Harper is adorable!

I'm sure the Princess has arrived and all is well in realm. Enjoy!!!!!!

Judy said...

You are all probably asleep right now! Just wanted to say I like the new banner!! Very nice shot!

Knot Garden said...

I have tagged you for the Thinking Blogger Award, because your blog is one that inspires me. Details are on my blog post of 9 April.
Caroline

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Enjoy your new toy, the quilting on your new banner is gorgeous, as is the pup!

meggie said...

Happy times with your Princess.
Harper is lovely.

Jeanne said...

Love your new banner! Is it from one of your quilts? Very nice quilting.

Wendy said...

Oh my a new toy, what fun. Nice pup picture. They are sure getting better quality with the phone camera.

Finn said...

Hi Libby, happy Princess time *VBS* The pic is awesome, what a great new tool to have right at hand. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
Enjoy every moment! Big hugs, Finn