Monday, April 30, 2007

A little surprise landed in my mailbox this weekend.
Recently Wendy posted a challenge she was taking called Brooms Out Of The Closet. She had a drawing of all the bloggers who left a comment on that post - YIPPEE! Her daughter drew my name. Tell me, what girl doesn't like to win a prize. For me, it's just the joy of hearing my named called. But then to receive such a fun package in the mail, it was an extra treat.
The charm pack of Cornucopia fabrics is just perfect. A couple of months back I purchased the charm pack of wovens from the same line with plans to make the currently postponed Easter project. Maybe in the back of my mind I knew I would end up with an even better piece if I waited just a little longer.
But wait - there's more. She included a delightful pattern by a designer in her area. It's right up my alley. Nice and scrappy. It will definitely get added to my list of quilts waiting to be made. Thank you Wendy for such a delightful package - quilt bloggers are just the best.
I'm still trying to get back to my regular daily routine. Seemed like I was spinning my wheels last week and really accomplished nothing. Today, no more sleeping in. I was up early (not bright- we haven't and won't see the sun today) By the end of the week, I should be back to my usual daily cycle of chores and quilting. Hubby mentioned yesterday that he hadn't seen me sewing lately - that's a sure sign that I need to get back to my machine. I think I hear it calling my name.

17 comments:

Darlene said...

Mailbox surprises are so much fun! What fun treasures you found in yours! :-)

Carole said...

Oh.... you lucky gal! I love surprises! Can't wait to see what you do with that charm pack. Happy quilting!

Screen Door said...

How cool he noticed... I love the treasures in the mail...

meggie said...

Congratulations. What a lovely surprise.

anne bebbington said...

That's a lovely pattern Libby - I really like all those different sized sawtooth stars - very clever

Juliann in WA said...

Gotta love those mailbox goodies. What will you sew first?

Linda_J said...

Aren't you a lucky duck!! Treasures for sure, Libby and it looks like it was almost personally picked out for you by the generous Wendy. Maybe it was, at that?

I love the quilt you showed in the previous post along with your beautiful Princess.

Susie said...

Hi Libby!
We've had lots of sun and heat here the last few days. I think we're due for rain starting tomorrow.
Aren't packages in the mail fun!!
:)

Patti said...

What a cute pattern! And how nice to win. You go girl - get back to creating!

Natasha said...

Snail mail can be so gratifing::I love charm packs::so fun!

Knot Garden said...

Great pattern, I love to get things in the mail. It's very warm and sunny here, we could do with some rain!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh yes, those machines can call loudly and don't like to be ignored. Congratulations on your prizes!

Judy said...

Prizes are the best! I can't believe that pattern...funny story. I saw a quilt from that pattern once and saved a picture. I drafted that whole quilt out from that picture to make one day and even had to guess at a few blocks because I couldn't see them. Too funny to look a recognize the pattern!

Wendy said...

It sure is nice when they notice that your not doing what you love, time to get back at it! Happy quilting.

Dawn said...

oooo - very wonderful package!

Cynthia said...

what a lovely surprise in mail. Have fun with them

Finn said...

Hi LIbby, what a charming surprise..*VBS* Looks like it is right up your alley. I think both the pattern and the fabric will make great quilts. And in your scrappy style, of course. Hugs, Finn