Friday, April 13, 2007

Look what happens when you are not paying attention.The tomatoes set blossoms.
The roses bloom . . .
and bloom.
And weeds grow taller than the fence.

We are having a brief break in The Princess action - she has gone to visit a girlfriend for a couple of days. This morning I went out into the yard and was greeted by a lot of growing activity. Guess I need to devote a little time to the yard this weekend.

I have had my eye on that weed for sometime now. I thought it was kind of fun to let it grow. Technically it's outside of the fence and it wasn't really bothering me. Now I'm rethinking that plan. It has grown so tall and looking at all the seed that is going to scatter and bring about more weeds. I betting they won't be courteous and stay outside of the fence like their host plant.

Off to find the Round-Up spray.

16 comments:

Screen Door said...

I think I like the sunny day best...

Judy said...

Spary it good and dig down very deep to get all the roots!

Love the roses...one of my favorite things ever!

Carole said...

You obviously do not live in my neck of the woods! Look up way up north! lol Wish I could plant my tomatoes. Soon I hope. Keep well and happy quilting!

Finn said...

Hi Libby, your roses are gorgeous, shadowed only by those spendid toe nail paintings...*VBS* Such a happy thing to have your girl home for her birthday..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Enjoy the sunshine on your shoulders as you work.

Wendy said...

Oh my the roses are beautiful. We won't see any here for a few months.
Good luck with the weeds, they can be stubborn.

meggie said...

Hmmm....our weeds seem to think they were invited!
Good times with your Princess.

atet said...

Oh, what I wouldn't give for some plants to be growing outside! Speaking of which, I think I need to go and water my seedlings that I HOPE I get to plant in a few more weeks!

KCQuilter said...

Lucky you to have tomato blossoms and roses already!!! Here in Missouri, they're calling for SNOW! However, the weeds don't seem to mind LOL!

Darlene said...

Love all the lush green and the roses are wonderful.

Cynthia said...

the roses are lovely. My favourite flower.

Susie said...

Your tomatoes look quite healthy. Do you have any fruit set on? I posted mine today and we have one small tomato already on!!
Now if these terrible rains and wind don't ruin them!!
:)

Katie said...

So glad to see the tomato blooms. It means your part of the country can sent some up to us in the north to eat way before ours are ready. I find it so interesting to watch were they come from at out farmers' market. As to that weed. I think it is a dominant flower in my garden. VBS

Dawn said...

Kind of like kids - when you aren't watching something changes with them! Oh you would have LOVED the Chicago Show!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Don't turn your back on the plants... last summer I had a potato vine that took off growing like Jack's Beanstalk! Your roses are glorious!

Nancy said...

Spring has a way of sneaking up on us doesn't it? I just love this time of year and resent having to work so I can't be outside playing in my yard every day. :-(

Nicole said...

Can't believe the size of your tomato plant! My roses have kind of taken me by surprise too! Got to enjoy them NOW though. That first bloom is always the best!