Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ever since the Princess left last week, I have felt like I have just been spinning around and getting only little to nothing done. It has been very difficult for me to get back to my normal routine. With only a minimum of housework being done and a few loads of laundry, I seem to have precious little to show for my time in the last week. I got out the diamond blocks on Monday and they still lay in the same spot without a change.
I have been working on the quilting of the Holly and Berries quilt. The outlining is complete and I'm filling in the negative spaces. I hadn't planned on doing a ton of quilting on it since it's a Christmas-y quilt, destined to spend the major portion of it's life in the closet. But I just love a lot of quilting and those lines are a lot closer together than I originally intended.
Tonight is my weekly quilt class. I have been out of sync there as well. But tonight begins a new project - a mystery. I have a little cutting to do for preparation. I think once I get in that classroom, see all the samples on the walls, get a good look at all the new things in the shop and spend 3 hours blabbing with the ladies, I'll feel like I'm back in the saddle again.
Because I don't have anything quilty to share, I thought I 'd show some things that are happening in the yard.
This little rose bush is just going to town this year. I am not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination. I buy things that look good to me when I'm the nursery and hope for the best when I get them home. The plants that survive here do so on their own will to make the world a more beautiful place. This rosebush was here when we bought the house . It was definitely the 'runt' of the roses and it has certainly struggled over the years to grow and thrive. I'm very happy for it to be doing so well.This is a picture of Greer- the garden guardin' gal. She watches over the flower bed (which has yet to have new plants this year.) Greer is a little faded and could probably use a new hat this year if not a whole new outfit. I have noticed that she doesn't really seem to scare the birds, but I love to open the shades in the morning and see her watching over everything. I'm sure she wishes I would get busy and plant some things around her.
While I was outside, I didn't notice that Harper was not following my every move in the yard. When I came back inside I was met with this 'innocent' look. Who me? I didn't get into the trash can. Well, if not Harper - then who might it have been? She's not telling.

16 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your garden is lovely... since you're not the gardener I guess it's Greer who has the thumb of green? Love your chandelier! Harper doesn't look one bit guilty couldn't have been her...!

Darlene said...

I know it wasn't Harper! No way! I'll bet it was Greer's shadow. I love Greer - she's a real cutie.

Now, you've done it - I'm sitting here humming "back in the saddle again". LOL

Have lots of fun tonight - I'll bet you go home inspired.

Susie said...

Harper looks very innocent to me ;)
I think it's hard to get back into a routine after being off for a while..
Greer is such a fun look for your garden!!
xo

Rabbit Stitchings said...

I have so seen that look on my furry boys many times!!!! LOL....

I like your creative garden :O)... looks to me like you do indeed put some thought into it! and have more of a green thumb than you are admitting to! :O)

Jane Ann said...

Libby, your garden is delightful!

Fiona said...

Your garden looks so pretty. It must be difficult to get back into the groove after such a hectic few weeks but it looks the perfect place to just chill out.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I love that garden bed, that idea may be borrowed! Tracey

Carol said...

I am just positive it wasn't Harper. Love your roses...this routine thing is hard. Since Andy retired I am struggling with getting my own routine back. I may have to come up with a new routine. Hmmm...

Forgetmenot said...

Yes, he does have a bit of a look about him. I know it well...only last week Harvey stole a dozen eggs I had set out for DH to take to the folks at work. Can't help loving those stomachs-on-legs though!

I haven't seen a garden angel before. How lovely to have someone in the garden watching over things, when you're doing other stuff yourself.

Knot Garden said...

Lovely photos of your garden. I love Greer's outfit. Not a gardener? Looks to me like you have loads of creative ideas!
I hope you get back into your routine soon.

Wendy said...

I think you're right, once you get to the quilting class with all that inspiration that comes with it, you'll be back on track. Your garden is fun to look at with all the flowers and decor. The roses are very nice.

Finn said...

Hi Libby, garden pics are always great and welcome here...as are dog, cat and kid pictures..*VBS* I'm so excited for you to be taking a class. I'll bet that is just what you need to ease you back into your 'grove' *VBS* Hugs, Finn

kjquilts said...

Libby, I hope you find the inspiration you are looking for! I love your garden angel...she doesn't look 'scary' to me. Bet the birds don't think so either! Your garden looks better than mine. All my things are green...no flowers 'cause DH takes care of the yard. Harper, no! It couldn't be that sweet face.

Dawn said...

I can't wait to see your quilting on the Holly quilt. I got some great black FQs for it sometime this summer! And I love your scare-girl!

Nancy in MT said...

Libby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your garden!

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

What garbage bin? Who me? NEVER....