Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Progress.
Finally I got these pieces up off the 'design floor' and to the sewing machine. Tonight is quilt class and I plan to take this and finish the borders. The brown goes down the long sides and the previously discussed paisley all the way around. No mitering. After I blogged about it last time, I took some of the comments to heart and have decided to skip it this time. The little piece we started in class last week remains a mystery - I'll share it here soon. I'm sure neither of these projects will fill the whole 3 hours. I'm also taking my hexagons. They have been sitting in their basket quietly waiting for my attention to return to them. I have been using my handwork time for quilting on the Holly and Berries, but we have had a good little warm spell crop up. Last night it was too much to have in my lap - enter the hexagons.
It's funny how being away from sewing at the machine for a couple of weeks seemed to put me in a rut. Now that I have have spent a couple of short afternoons putting this top together and an evening with the my hand sewing basket, I'm rarin' to go again. I love quilting!

21 comments:

Screen Door said...

Beautiful quilt. The bold colors bring out the design...Hope you're staying away from the fires...

Beth said...

That's very nice! I can't believe how many quilts you seem to turn out in such a short time. How many quilts do you think you make a year?

Dawn said...

I just LOVE this! I can't wait to see your little mystery one too!

meggie said...

Very nice quilt.

Sweet P said...

Ooh . . . I like that quilt. I just got some 8 inch spring time fabric squares that would look great in this pattern. What is AP & Q magazine? I'd like to get that pattern.

tami said...

I LOVE your quilt. Beautiful colors and great pattern.

Connie said...

Libby, it's looking great!

Darlene said...

Libby, it's fabulous! I can't wait to see it with the paisley border.

I've been trying to get some binding done but it's a bit too warm so I'm contemplating pulling out my hexagons, also. However, as you know I'm a little frustrated with that project. HMMM, maybe I'll start a new one with smaller hexagons.

Quilt Nut said...

its beautiful! love it!!

Patti said...

That top is so neat - I just love it! I think because one doesn't see diamond shapes like this all that often in quilts these days. I'm glad you decided not to miter the borders - that's a headache you didn't need and I think wouldn't have been worth the trouble. You are making great progress!

Fiona said...

Looking very good - and the colours are just right for the pattern I think.

May Britt said...

Another beautiful quilt from you. I love the colours in it. Your little mysterey, I'm curious.

Judy said...

Well when you mention finishing something you really get going!! I love it, loved the picture and knew your version would be fabulous!

Wendy said...

Your colour choices are wonderful. I've had this pattern on my list since I first saw it. I don't miter borders either.

Carol said...

I love it! It is just beautiful!

Finn said...

Hi Libby, I see you are just zipping along..*VBS* That vacation with DH must have been just the right thing at the right time..*VBS*
As before stated, this is a fabulous quilt, can't wait to see it finished.
Your mystery sounds interesting also...you are teasing us...LOL Hugs, Finn

Nancy said...

Just beautiful! I love the patten you've used and those colors are just yummy! Can't wait to see it with that luscious paisley border.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The quilt is great, it's easy to get oneself into a rut, isn't it? I find it's hard to get out!I love quilting, too! I'm eager to see your mini surprise!

Forgetmenot said...

It's turning out quite lovely

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

That's a very striking design Libby, and I love the colours you have chosen. Good to hear the hexagons are out for a while. Mine has stepped behind the knitting at the moment, but it is nearly finished..

Nicole said...

I love the argyle effect in that quilt. Such beautiful colors too, you could decorate a whole room around this one!