Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tagged.

I have been tagged to list seven random things about myself . . . so here it goes -

1. I love popcorn. I have a popcorn snack almost every afternoon. I am a popcorn snob. I will not eat microwave popcorn. It always smells wonderful but ends up with the flavor and consistency of a packing peanut. I just use a pan on the stove. Shake, shake, shake.
Isn't this popcorn cute? It's called Lady-finger popcorn. Very dainty.
2. I have a hard time letting go. I attach myself emotionally to inanimate objects. This is why I drive a car that is 14 years old . . . we understand each other. When we bought a new washer and dryer, the delivery men thought I was off my rocker when I had to say one last goodbye to my old friends that had served me well for so many years. Knowing they were going into service as organ donors for other machines took out some of the sting of our parting.

3. Because of this attachment, some pieces of furniture in our home have proper names. This causes some sideways glances from company.
The Princess: "Mom, where are the tablecloths?"
Me: "In Max.
The Princess: "Oh, okay."
4. I am semi-ambidextrous. Generally right-handed, I can cut a deck of cards only with my left hand. I often eat left-handed . . . probably because I just want to get the food in me the quickest way possible. So if you sit next to me at the table watch your drink - I forget which side mine is on and I will steal yours.

5. I don't like to wear shoes. When I was in the work-world, I was always cramming my poor feet into some incredibly cute, fashionable and ill-fitting pair of shoes. When I left that world I promised myself no pantyhose and only comfortable shoes. Even still, I find that I am barefoot 98% of the time. I put shoes on but will quickly realize they aren't there any longer. Then I have to search the house to find where I have stepped out of them this time.
6. I know the words to many television theme songs. This along with tons of other useless information is tucked away in the back of my head . . . stopping me from learning useful things, I'm sure. I'm certain that I'll win a big prize someday pulling from my store of useless knowledge. In the meantime, I'll continue to sing both versions of The Gilligan's Island theme while I vacuum.

7. It is a generally accepted fact in my family that I make the best Rice-Krispie Treats. I know - what could be so special? I don't know - but they are really good. When Hubby was stationed far from home, I sent regular care packages. He met with many a scoffer concerning my ability to make the best Rice-Krispie Treats. Being ever generous, he would share his care package of goodies with the nay-sayers only to have them heartily agree with the claim and become a convert.

There you have it - 7 Random Things About Me. Please feel free to play along if you haven't already been tagged . . . I'd love to know more about all of you.

17 comments:

Connie said...

Libby, I enjoyed reading your list. Interesting!

Wendy said...

I always love reading your blog, it makes me smile every time. Yup, popcorn for me too. Sometimes I crave it and don't care if I have dinner, just popcorn.

Susie said...

Love your random 7. I name lots of things, but I can't remember naming any furniture. I like the idea though!!
:)

Jenny said...

Your list proves that you are as interesting as you are kind:)

Doreen said...

Hello Libby. Love your list...you are VERY funny. I love your character already and we just met... :) Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me several lovely comments. Your blog is great and you quilts ARE BEAUTIFUL. I especially love the one in the header...WOW...

talk to you soon
take care
doreen

KCQuilter said...

I'm right there with you on going barefoot! Of course, I do have to suffer the occasional pin-buried-in-the-carpet ouchie! And, mmmm....now I want popcorn!

Screen Door said...

Popcorn is a staple at our house. Milk, bread, and POPCORN!!!Though we've lowered ourselves to microwave kind. You triggered a memories of growing up... My Mom always made popcorn by shaking that iron skillet over a gas burner stove. It always was the best popcorn. I love your seven...

Darlene said...

HMMM - so many similarities.
I have a ton of useless information in my feeble brain; I detest shoes (lately I've been on a "cute" flip flop buying spree) and I drive a 9 year old car cuz "we understand each other".

:-)

Diane said...

Libby, I love your blog too. Diane

Diana said...

It's nice learning more about you. I am with you on the shoe thing. I didn't know there were 2 sets of lyrics to Gilligan's Island, though!

Linda_J said...

LOL, nice to meet you, Libby!

Dawn said...

Fun things! I love popcorn too! But don't eat it as much as you! I draw the line with the shoes though! Oh and I know the words to Gilligan's Island!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Pretty much with you on the shoe thing! But my feet aren't that cheery! Tracey
never named furniture! just lots and lots of pets!

Nadine said...

Oh, Libby, this is such a funny post ! LOVE it, especially your furniture being given names ! THANKS!

Hugs & smiles,
NADINE

Carole said...

Thank you for sharing aspect of yourself. I enjoyed reading the post! I name my cars. My first car was named Bernice, I love that name. Then came Esther and Stella. Ester was short lived, may she rest in peace! Stella has just been traded in. I don't think my dh names his cars. I'll make sure to have good pop corn when you come over! Be well!

Quilt Nut said...

i hate wearing shoes too! and don't get me started on socks *shudder*

Kim said...

I'm with you on the popcorn--making the "real" stuff is just as easy as the microwave stuff and tastes a thousand times better!