Friday, July 13, 2007

A few days ago Finn tagged me. I have been mulling it over in my mind. Not that the questions are hard, but I just wanted to put some real thought because I'm not one to have this sort of list . . . but maybe it's time.

Five Things To Do Before I Die:
1. Learn to not be hurt when someone makes an insensitive comment - not blogger comments left here, but things that actual strangers have the nerve to walk up to me and say.
2.Travel the U.S. with enough time wander and explore away from the interstate.
3. Rappel or ride a zip line - a low wall or a narrow gorge for the first time out, please.
4. Have a vegetable garden that will keep my family well fed and happy with extras to share with friends and neighbors.
5. Make sure that my family knows just how much I love them!

Five Things I Can Do:
1. Make up a game at the drop of a hat - who will ever forget 'Combat Solitaire'?
2. Make a magical Christmas - even when we don't get to celebrate on December 25th.
3. Prepare a meal out of whatever is in the cupboard - I'm pretty good at putting flavors together. The trouble is remembering what I did when we want to repeat a meal.
4. Look out for the underdog when life isn't fair.
5. Balance my checkbook - to the penny . . . every time.

Five Things I Cannot Do . . . yet:
1. Blow a double bubble.
2. Not add to my fabric stash when I am so fortunate to have an abundance already. (Okay - I'm not trying.)
3. Make jam.
4. Ride a unicycle.
5. Not make a bad pun - if you leave the door open . . . I'm goin' through.

Five Things That Attract Me To The Opposite Sex*:
* Since Hubby and I have been together for more than half our lives at this point, I don't really think about 'opposite sex' so much - so instead I'll just list traits that I enjoy in all folk.
1. A good sense of humor - a little on the dry side.
2. A kind heart.
3. A gentle spirit.
4. A natural curiosity to learn something new every day.
5. A generous nature.

Five Celebrity Crushes*:
*This is just stumping me - I guess I don't get crushes any more. There are lots of entertainers whose work I enjoy, but it seems that the 'celebrity world' these days is populated with wealthy gals who've gotten that way by never buying undies and guys 'drop their seed' but quickly move on to 'another garden.'

Wow - that was really difficult for me. I'm not going to specifically tag anyone, but please feel free to jump in and play.

6 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Libby, you did great! It is somewhat out of the ordinary, and I know I always have to give things like that some thought. I'd say yours were just fine, even the celebs part. And I am in total agreement with your statement. I based my picks on what I've seen on stage, but I guess also their intellect, vocalization, manner of speak(I like well educated men...very well educated...LOL!)&
depth of emotion displayed while remembering I'm watching actors. I like actors who mature into themselves as they age, Sean Connenary is a good example, having watched him as years passed.
Anyway..thanks for playing along..*VBS*, sorry if I made you uncomfortable. Hugs, Finn

Diane said...

Lovely, thoughtful responses to some challenging questions!

Guðrún said...

Thanks for sharing this about yourself.

Carole said...

Thanks for revealing some things about you. Keep well!

Susie said...

Loved reading your answers to this meme! I would also love to travel the US at my own pace and just enjoy all it has to offer.
xo

Katie said...

Yes, take me along on that trip off the beaten paths at our own pace. Until we do this, I'll keep enjoying the trip with you by reading your blog posts. Hugs. Katie