Tuesday, July 03, 2007

One would think that with all the things I brought home last week, I would have been all shopped out for a while. Any normal person would have been . . . but not me! My local quilt shop had it's anniversary sale on Saturday - everything in the shop was 40% off. A sale such as that only comes around once a year and I just couldn't be left out of the fun. I wasn't there as soon as the doors opened, but it was pretty darned close.
I made a bee-line for the upstairs. I don't go up there too often. The baby fabrics and 30's repro's are kept there and neither of those are much a part of my stash. But flying pigs just make me laugh. I had seen a particularly amusing one on a rare trip up there couple of months ago and it had been on my mind. Good fortune smiled on me and the pig was still there. Now it's living at our house trying out various places it might want to be displayed. If you enlarge the photo you might be able to see the little nails for udders. Now that's just funny - I don't care who you are.I've been happily doing the applique on the piece I started last week. I have a couple of strategic pieces to place that will cover where stems join and petals come together. Then I can begin working on the border.
Our weather has warmed significantly in the last week. Sitting on the patio in the evening, this has been a nice piece to work on - not too bulky and warm nor too fussy of stitching. Just right. Hubby is enjoying time off work all week - I may be slow in getting around to reading and commenting on blogs . . . but he's just so cute I want to look at him all day. I'm here and I'll catch up again before you know it.

20 comments:

Linda said...

Libby your flying pig is adorabe, but surely that's not all you purchased with that sort of sale??? The weather here has settled down, we had 20 days of rain, I was beginning to feel a little like Noah, but now the suns out and shining beautifully. Enjoy your time with your cutie....

Screen Door said...

OK - You're definitely a keeper... without you I would have never knew that pigs had 'udders'... I guess they had them... just never really spent alot of time thinking about it!!! VBG...

Pieces From Me said...

Libby, You are right, The udders on the pig are funny! Your applique piece is coming along wonderfully. Enjoy your time with your hubby!! Bren

tami said...

I find that if I shop and get a lot of stuff I love it just makes me want to shop more.
That pig is adorable and I don't think I could have resisted it either. :-D

Della said...

Well, you certainly made my day. Laughed out loud at your pig. Who would of thought to put udders on a flying pig? (Love the bean commercial where Duke tells the pig to buzz the house a couple of times) Enjoy your time with your cutie and have a safe 4th.

Guðrún said...

Of course you had to go to the sale, 40% off is something you can´t miss and your pig is great.

Carol said...

Oh my that pig is as cute as it can be...enjoy your time with your hubby...I'm off tomorrow and taking off Thursday to spend some time with Andy. I have to work on the shop newsletter but we'll both be home. Enjoy the holiday.

Susie said...

Love the flying pig!
Who can resist spending time with a cute hubby!!
Happy 4th..
xo

Judy said...

The pig was worth a trip upstairs to find him!

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness that pig is darling! What's her name? You must name her - Petunia, Petals, Prissy, etc. LOL

It's HOT here - extremely hot 115 - 117 most days this week. I'm spending lots of time with the A/C.

Your applique project is wonderful.

Enjoy your week with your hubby!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love the flying pig, I would have gone back too! Your applique is fabulous. Enjoy time with your husband, Happy 4th!

joyce said...

That pig is just too cute. The udders are a funny touch.

kjquilts said...

The pig is hilarious! We will "allow" you to sit and stare at hubby...but only for one week, otherwise we would start to miss you!

Judy said...

Very cool banner change!

Darlene said...

Love the new banner! Wish I knew how to do that!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Now I think the one thing that may be able to resist nails for udders would be the baby pig!
I loved it, and that you want to look at your DH all day...tracey

Karen said...

Wow what does your husband look like??

Carole said...

What a lovely pig! I love 40% sale! Many times, what didn't look appealing full price all of a sudden become a wanted treasure! I just love that block. I checked their website and could not find it. I don't think they are set up for internet order. Thanks for sharing

Wendy said...

You can't miss out on such a great sale...spectacular find on the pig...so cute.
New banner looks awesome, what size does the picture need to be? I tried it and my picture was too big.

Dawn said...

I am just LOVING this applique piece! And I LOVE that backing fabric! Boy I like that design!