Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A progress update. This morning I completed all the quilting lines in one direction on Kentucky Wildflower. I can easily say the quilting is more than half-way done now since I completed all the outlines first. It's so exciting to see the finish in sight.

Here's a little peek into Harper's summer days. Doesn't she look comfy? Some might even think she's napping. Nope . . .
She's monitoring the backyard for squirrels. From this stealthy (and cushy) position, she can watch the fence line for invading squirrels. She lets them come far enough into the yard so that when she launches from her spot there's a good chase.
When she certifies that we are once again squirrel-free, she comes to find me, wags her tail to signify another successful mission and waits for her good girl treat. A dog's work is never done.

17 comments:

Susie said...

If Harper ever needs a second job, send her my way. I desperately need a good squirrel chaser. Vincent merely looks and nods off into cat slumberland..
xo

Pieces From Me said...

The Kentucky Wildflower is beautiful! I love crosshatching: looking at it and doing it.

Judy said...

Half down , half to go...good job! I'm turning the corner on Shirley's crosshatch too. But just one block so far, not the whole thing!

Good doggy!

joyce said...

It's looking good. I'm sure the other half of the quilting will go faster!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

I so understand the Squirrel guard duty! They take that very serious! :O).

Guðrún said...

Harper is taking her job seriously.

Linda_J said...

Harper almost looks cat-like in his vigil by trying to look nonchalant and all. I love that edging on your wildflower piece!

meggie said...

What a good girl Harper is!
Your quilt is looking soo great!

dee said...

anytime you want to send Harper for a vacation he would have a squirrel & chipmunk festival in my yard.
The KY wildflower is stunning-even unfinished. I so love the look of the red-very cheery.

McIrish Annie said...

Harper has a hard job! I have a squirrel monitor at my house too. It's my DH! He has instituted a squirrel relocation program with his little trap and takes them to the local park. He doesnt' appreciate the squirrels eating the expensive birdseed. I tried to explain he is probably transporting the same 2 or 3 every few days but he is undeterred! LOL

Carole said...

Ohhhh, your quilt is lovely. So beautiful! Harper brings back memory of Bear. She is missed. Funny how they all have their unique personalities! Thanks for sharing!

Knot Garden said...

That's such a nice folk art design. Love the border.

atet said...

Lovely quilt -- and what a good helper you have to keep the yard squirel free! Can't wait to see Miss Shirley's nose job!

Quilt Nut said...

love your Wildflower. and i would spend all day in that chair too!

Lucy said...

What a lovely Kentucky wildflower! great fabric choice!

Jeanne said...

Well, Harper could have fooled me. I guess that is why he is so successful in his endeavor to keep your yard squirrel free. Love the Kentucky Wildflower. The scallop borders are really cute, too.

Dawn said...

Oh your Kentucky Wildflower is beautiful! I forgot I was going to see if they still had a kit! I just love it! Oh and Chloe chases birds. Talk about tiring!