Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wow - thanks for all the wonderful wishes on my one year bloggiversary. It has really been such fun for me and I 'm looking forward to more of the same in the coming years. I've printed out the names in the comment section and when Hubby arrives at home tonight we'll have the big drawing . . . the suspense mounts.
I wish I could share what I have been stitching on this week. But it's a secret. I signed up for a swap in a YahooGroup. My swap partner reads my blog - so I can't reveal what I'm working on just yet. Let's just say that after I took the whole piece apart and restitched, then removed an offensive, unattractive inner border and replaced it with something that looks much nicer - everything is coming together.
I can share this little treat that was delivered to my door last week. It's a box of wool roving in assorted colors - a 'beginner's box.' Lately I have wanted to try my hand at needle felting. The amounts of wool I would have to buy at my local shops seemed like such a commitment and I would have had precious little variety of color. I found this delicious kit online. The box included an assortment of different felting needle sizes, the foam for punching into, a bag of un-dyed wool for making sculptural pieces, and 34 different colors of roving.Don't they just look yummy all tucked into their little box? Almost too cute to use . . . almost.
Last night was my weekly quilt class - the last class until September. I had no intention of buying a thing. Drat that 'Weekly Sale.' The shop owner selects something in the store every week and discounts it. This week every brushed cotton in the shop is 25% off. You know I have never met a brushed cotton that I didn't like and a sale just spelled trouble.
Recently it came to my attention that the selection of oranges in my stash was woefully inadequate. I started out with about 4 others in my pile but culled down my purchase to these.
My stash is much happier today.

19 comments:

paula, the quilter said...

What scrumptious colors on that wool roving. Back back, I say! I don't need another addiction. Isn't quilting and knitting (and all that that entails) enough?

Connie W said...

That box is full of gorgeous color, and the stack makes me think 'autumn', my favorite season.

dot said...

Just gotta love that orange. My favorite color. I almost cut into some of my orage last night to use on a quilt back and am so happy I thought twice about it. The wool looks lovely.

Melzie said...

Purple is my lacking color, I have about 4 pieces in my stash and one is more puce than purple LOL. Love what you did get! xoxo melzie

Judy said...

Isn't roving yummy! I have a few varigated colors one of which is called daffodil! Looks like a fabulous kit and the colors are indeed yummy!

It sucks to not have any stores that carry brushed cottons locally. But orange I have...got a whole bolt on sale from 1000's of bolts.

Dawn said...

Oh man, it has been so long since I"ve caught up with you! Look at that beautiful box of wool! And 1 year anniversary! Happy Anniversary to you!

ROZ said...

I really like your quilting. I'd like to add you to my list of favorites.

tami said...

Wow, all that wool sure does look yummy. I just want to touch it. Have fun with your new hobby. :-)

atet said...

That roving is scrumptious -- but I will say what I did at the Rosemont quilt festival -- I need another craft like I need holes in my head. Love those brushed cottons -- those colors just say fall to me!

Screen Door said...

I have 2 of the 4 brushed cottons!!! aren't the beautiful.

Knot Garden said...

The wool roving does look too lovely to disturb! But I'm sure you'll have fun with them:)

dee said...

Belated congrats on the bloggaversary Libby. Our house guests have(happily) taken over my blogging time. I am the worlds worst influence, so my thought is, hurry back and get the quarters you put back before they're gone! Those colors are just yummy. I'll catch up with you next week.

Lulu said...

I need that box of wool with everything that goes with it...where did you get it?

Angie said...

Oh wow, Libby, I do LOVE those rovings...luscious colors!! And brushed cottons, oh my, I want one of each!! :D Love those oranges you 'adopted' LOL how did you manage to leave any behind??? :D

Darlene said...

Wow, the wool roving looks beautiful in the box. You must leave the box alone - too pretty to use. LOL

I'll be watching to see what you do with it.

Love the new brushed cottons. Do you ever turn them over and use the smooth side? I like to do that!

Julia said...

And after all we must keep our stash happy. It is a full time job too!!

Margie said...

I've been wanting to try needle felting for some time now but I'm afraid I'll like it to much and then I'll have another hobby! LOL! Enjoy!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Love the oranges!!!! I am so ready for fall my favorite time of year and those just look so much like fall to me :O)

Nancy in MT said...

Catching up with your blog, the roving is wonderful, you are going to love needlefelting, adds just the touch sometimes to a quilt and what a great variety of colors. Congrats on your first year of blogging, n