Monday, August 13, 2007

The lazy days of summer must really be upon me. There hasn't been much blogging going on this so far this month. I have been working on projects that I just can't share right now. It has been hard for me to keep them to myself. Soon they can be revealed.
Good news over the weekend. I received the name of my swap partner in the Four Seasons Quilt Swap. I had been mulling over many ideas and designs since signing up. When I received the name drawn for me and her preferences, I quickly settled on a pattern and began sorting through fabrics, then got right to work.
Here are my little flying geese - all carefully arranged just the way I wanted them. After this picture was taken, I stopped sewing for the night and left them here to be stitched together in the morning. The next day the ceiling fan went on - full tilt- and spread my little geese all over the table. They are now stitched together in a new and improved arrangement.Next came a couple of stars.
Now the little top is beginning to take shape. More fabrics to pull today and a little more sewing will be all that it takes to have a completed top.

Last week, I was touched to receive this award - not once, but twice - from Bren at Pieces From Me and Doreen at Vermont Harvest Bears and Primitives. Ahhh - you make me blush.I must say that I have found quilt bloggers to be some of the kindest people around. Of all that I have communicated with over the last year, there hasn't been a clinker in the bunch. I think that says an awful lot about each and every one of you. I gave up my quilting 'friendship' group this year because I was left feeling there wasn't much friendship happening anymore. But here I have found a camaraderie and warmth. A place to share not only quilting but events in daily life and a chance to take a peek into your day too.
Now it just wouldn't be nice if I didn't share this 'award' with others and I'm sure they will each want to do the same. Please go visit these five gals and see if you don't agree with me that each one surely proves that Nice Matters.

Melanie at Covered Porches and Screen Doors
Finn at Pieces from my Scrapbag
Paula at The Quilter
Dawn at Quilts and Pieces
Judy at Quilting with Ragdolls

24 comments:

Wendy said...

You couldn't have said it better "camaraderie and warmth". Everyone I've met through blogging as given a very warm welcome and always willing to lend a helping hand.
Your swap quilt is coming a long nicely, I love all the fabrics "very scrappy" my favourite kind of quilt. I look forward to seeing the finished quilt. I'm still waiting for my swap partner...soon...be patient.

Fiona said...

The Swap Quilt is nice and scrappy - I like your fabric choices. I have my swap partner too so now I'm trying to decide on a final design.

Chris said...

Nice does matter and you're one of the nicest bloggers out there. Congrats.

Finn said...

Hi Libby, thank you for thinking I am nice..*VBS* I do try since it's such a pleasant way to 'be' in the world..*VBS*
I LOVE the new header!! What a great picture of your wonderful accomplishment..super job !
The beginnings of your project look very interesting...love the scrappiness of it, especially the areo-dynamically re-arranged geese...LOL Wonder if that ever happens when they are airborne??? Guess we'll never know for sure.
I'm in complete agreement about our blogger guild...I've rarely found more warmth or comaraderie than I have found here in Blogland. Special hugs and thank you again, Finn

gwen said...

That is ia great teaser. And scrappy, my favorite! I received the name of my swap partner too and I am busy cutting. Congratulations on your award. Quilt blogland is a wonderful place full of nice people. I would not want to miss it either. Take care.

Shelina said...

Congrats on winning the award Libby. You certainly deserve it.

ROZ said...

Well, Libby, your preserves look delicious. Thanks for all your good words.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Yes, I agree, the blog world is, for the most part, a very nice group of gals. Or maybe is it just the quilting bloggers? I don't know, I do know that as a general rule I like quilters and quilter talk. They certainly are a forthright and honest group. The world needs more quilters or maybe more quilter speak.

May Britt said...

I did not join the four seasons quilt swap this time because of that I do not know when I'm able to sew again after my surgery. Your ideas for this quilt is very good. Flying geese and stars are my favorite so I would loved to be your swap partner. But perhaps I joine the next time.

Guðrún said...

Congratulations on your award, this blogland sure is a friendly place. I like your new header :)

Susie said...

Congratulations on your award. I agree that the quilters I "know" are very nice..
Actually, all the blogs that I visit on a regular basis are very nice..
xo

Angie said...

Mmmmm, lovely, lovely doll quilt, Libby! :> And I just have to agree with you about the quilting bloggers!! :D

Bren said...

I LOVE your new header. Your little quilt top is beautiful. I got my swap partner too and am planning out my project. I have shanged it in my head at least 1/2 a dozen times.

Bren said...

I meant "changed"...I should ALWAYS proof read my comments before posting them. Especially since I am home schooling my kids, people would not worry that the kids have an illiterate for a teacher!

Patti said...

Oh, this little quilt-to-be already looks wonderful! You're a lot like me I think - we like the tried and true - sawtooth stars, flying geese - things our foremothers would have made. Lucky lady who is to be the recipient of this quilt!

And you so deserve the award!

Carol said...

Your swap quilt is going to be wonderful..love those blocks. Nice does matter my friend and you certainly deserve the award.
When I saw your new header my mouth started to water...YUMMY!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Your new header is just great!!

Yes, nice matters! I am with you, I have found so many nice bloggers...so far as you said not a clinker in the bunch LOL...

Your swap block is looking great..

We had a mild summer for us, up till about a week ago, now its actual temps over 100 every day, heat indexes thru the roof on top of that...whew come on fall! The heat is slowing me down some too!

Screen Door said...

Thanks Libby -- You are the best!!!Flying geese blocks are one of my favorites... love the colors of yours. I see you been dressing up your journal, Classy jars... I can't wait to see the completed pieces for your swap.

Marcie said...

I can't wait to see what you are making! Your new header looks delicious! And yes, you are a very nice and thoughtful blogger!

Kairle said...

I love the scrappy look of your little fall quilt. I can just imagine those geese flying away when the ceiling fan went on. lol!

Your new blog header makes me smile. There's something magical about light shining through newly bottled jam.

Judy said...

Those jars at the top are yummy looking!! And someone said it so well......Andy Rooney? "It's better to be nice than right"

Quilt Memories said...

Hi Libby, you are one of a very few who comment on my blog, and I do so appreciate it.I know pictures are what bloggers want to see but some of us "old folks" have a hard time with them. I sure do try rhough. The bloggers who do respond to my ramblings are very much appreciated. Yes, NICE DOES MATTER" people like you make the world a better place.
Congratulations on your award!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your jams and jellies header is handsome. Congrats on your award, it's well deserved. Glad you got the "flying" geese back under control!

Dawn said...

Ahhh thank you! I"m loving the look of your little quilt! I can't wait to see more! I"m almost done with my swap and can't wait to share it with everyone!