Saturday, November 24, 2007

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving feast on Thursday. The table was nearly overburdened with all that we piled on it. I had to email a photo to The Princess and give her a little tease - Hubby said next year we might to put up a kiddie table for her to sit at.While I have to admit the original meal was a delight . . . this is what I look forward to the most - turkey sandwiches. I laughed on Wednesday when reading the cooking section of our newspaper. It was chalk full of recipes for leftover turkey. Around here we run out of turkey long before we tire of eating sandwiches.
The bathroom floors have all been installed. Here's a look before the grout went on (in?) Such an amazing improvement over the vinyl that had long since passed being serviceable, let alone attractive.
Here's a view of the second bath with the new tile, sink and vanity. We just had to put the vanity in to have a look. You can see how the former counter top extended all the across the top of the toilet tank - that design decision was always a mystery to me. What we gained in space is mere inches, but I know I'm going to love it. Next - fresh paint, a new shower curtain, rugs and window valance.
That means - SHOPPING! Whee . . . We avoided all retail endeavors on Black Friday save one loaf of bread. I just didn't want to be a part of the traffic or madness. I'll just wait until mid-week, when everyone has gone back to work and/or exhausted their available credit lines. I doubt what I'm looking for was high on the early bird shopper's list allowing me a more leisurely retail experience.

26 comments:

mjjones said...

Libby I love your Thanksgiving blog...we had a wonderful day too! LOVE your tablecloth...could you please help me find the pattern. Thanks and keep sharing please.

atet said...

Oooh...the food looks yummy and the bathrooms look fantastic! I had something similar when we redid our bathroom awhile ago -- it's amazing how much more open it feels without that long counter! You're going to love it. As for shopping -- does a trip to Joann's for supplies for Christmas presents count?

Juliann in WA said...

Your table is lovely. And your bathroom floors are great. How fun to be redecorating.

kjquilts said...

Yummy! Your second feast looks as good as your first! I love turkey sandwiches too!

I really love the quilt on your table. I can't believe no one spilled anything...we would have, I'll tell you that!

The bathroom floors are looking good, you'll love the tile and I like that vanity and sink.

Fiona said...

Your table looks so inviting - and I'll bet your food was really tasty too!

Sweet P said...

Your table and feast look wonderful. The bathroom remodel is coming along well. Enjoy the new bathroom.

Judy said...

I love those new vanities..a good size sink without all the lower cabinet sticking out. The tile looks good and it looks like very small grout lines which would be good since I hate to clean grout.

Good food! I see your buttermilk! Yours is yellow!

Perry said...

Your baths are looking great. I know you will be pleased when they are finished. I also love your tablecloth.

Deb Geyer said...

I love the tablecloth. The colors are perfect for Thanksgiving!

tami said...

Beautiful quilt on the table. It makes a perfect tablecloth. DS always insists I make a simple casserole with the leftover turkey, gravy and stuffing after Thanksgiving. Our leftover turkey won't last long enough to need those recipes either.

Happy In Quilting said...

I love your table cloth..the food looks great too

Screen Door said...

Great photos-- We ran from the black friday sales too. Just stayed home, enjoyed family. Keep your eyes on the touchdown... the bathroom is going to be great.

CONNIE W said...

I'm another lover of turkey sandwiches, but won't have them this year because we were guests and not hostesses who cooked the turkeys. I saw a sink like yours on a home-improvement TV show just a few days ago. Looks really nice. I too avoided the shops this weekend and have done a lot of on-line shopping and will fill in the rest when I do shop, hopefully on weekdays and not weekends. I really do hate crowds but some things just require mixing in with them and hoping for the best.

Katie said...

Your table pic should be in a magazine. I love the turkey left overs too. And so nice to have new baths. My bathrooms here in FL need redone too but I couldn't face any more repairs after all I had to face in MI all summer. So I bought throw rugs and that was the perfect quick solution.

Darlene said...

Yummy looking feast! Love the entire tablescape. I always snicker at the recipes for leftover turkey - we eat it all on sandwiches! YUMMY!

Love that quilt.

The tile and bathroom redo are looking terrific. You'll love your new tile floor.

KCQuilter said...

How gorgeous!!! Both table and bathroom. Have fun retail-therapying!!!

Bren said...

I love Love LOVE your table!! It sounds like your Thanksgiving was wonderful!!!

Susie said...

Your table looks great and I agree that turkey sandwiches are the best part of leftovers!!
We didn't do the black Friday sales either. Who needs the added stress!
xo

Quilt Memories said...

I sure do love tha quilt covering your table, but it was way too pretty to let anyone eat anything on it. Glad your Thanksgiving was great as was ours, Now to turn our thoughts to Christmas!!

Wendy said...

Your dinner sure looked yummy with all the fixins. I agree turkey sandwiches are the best leftovers.
Your bathroom is looking great. We did ours last year and I love the new look.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The bathroom alone is worthy of much thanks-giving! Well done!!

Marcie said...

Great tile! Isn't it amazing the choices these days? Your table looks lovely. Mixing food and quilts could be a whole nuther illness. LOL

Chris said...

Love your table topper. It makes your table look so inviting along with all the wonderful food.

ROZ said...

I'm glad that you had such a lovely Thanksgiving. The new bathroom is going to be nice. I hope that it's ready soon.

Dawn said...

Oh the leftovers are my favorite part. They didn't last through the weekend! I'm thinking I need to make another turkey!

Patti said...

Is that really one of your quilts you are using as a table cloth? Brave girl! Looks fantastic that way. I'm with you - adore turkey sandwiches - really better than the turkey itself!