Monday, December 31, 2007

How did a whole week get away from me? It's not as if I have been swirling around in a rush of holiday parties and frivolities. Our Christmas was a quiet one this year. Santa filled stockings for Hubby, Harper and me, too. Lots of fun goodies can be found in the toe of a stocking. Harper has checked hers each morning since Christmas to see if any more treats might be coming her way.
The Princess called us mid-morning on Christmas and we fired up the web cam. It's amazing how technology really can let you be right in the room. It was fun to watch her open gifts - just like when she was little . . . although receiving new socks is no longer the disappointment it once was. We had a quiet dinner at home, sparkling lights on the tree providing ambiance.
Hubby took vacation days all last week and this week, too. It's fun to wake each morning, leisurely drink coffee and look through the paper together. He has worked hard finishing up the bathroom (remember when we put in new floor in November? still needed paint and the vanity and sink installed.) We went to the movies one afternoon - Juno is enjoyable. We recommend it. And have generally been hanging out - playing games, watch t.v., and cracking each other up - we may never grow up, and I'm glad.
I have started my Four Seasons Swap piece. I know I said I wasn't going to share progress, but the recipient doesn't know who she is - and there has been precious little going on in the way of quilting for me to share otherwise. Once the embroidery is done, I plan to add some wool applique and maybe a little wool needle felting as embellishment before I baste the backing and quilt.
Because I have been having so much fun goofing off with Hubby, I am terribly behind in blog reading. Please bear with me as I catch up with all of you . . . I may not leave a comment at each stop, but I will surely read every word.
As we say good bye to the old year and ring in the new, I want to say that the kindness, inspiration and above all friendship that I have found with you, my blogging friends, has made 2007 a special year. Looking forward to lots more in '08. Happy New Year!

23 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Oh I wish it was me that was receiving that lovely little quilt. Enjoy the end of the year and the beginning of a new one.

Linda said...

Love the 4seasons quilt, great colours. Hope you enjoy the evening with your hubby.

Shelina said...

I think its sweet that you are enjoying time with your hubby. The little quilt looks great. Happy new Year!

KCQuilter said...

Sounds like you've been spending time in the best way possible! Happy New Year to you, hubby, and Harper.

KCQuilter said...

Sounds like you've been spending time in the best way possible! Happy New Year to you, hubby, and Harper.

Patti said...

Wishing you and your family a marvelous quilty new year!

Judy said...

Quilt looks really cool, someone will love getting it! Good to be having fun at home, glad you are enjoying yourselves.

Beth said...

What a great little swap quilt! I hope I'm the recipient! LOL I have to start mine one of these days! Need to stop procrastinating. Happy '08 to you and yours too!

Quilterin said...

Happy New Year, Libby!
Your 4seaon quilt is great!

McIrish Annie said...

glad you had some vacation time with hubby. that webcam sounds really cool. though I think if I had one with alex I would just see lots of eyerolls! LOL

Quilt Memories said...

Happy New Year Libby, hope "08 will bring you and yours all good things, especially good health and lots of time for quilting memories!

Wendy said...

Isn't it fun to hang out and do whatever you feel like that day. My hubby has been off work as well and we've been puttering around here and there.

I enjoy your blog and look forward to more in 2008.

CONNIE W said...

Wishes for a happy new year. I always love your quilts.

paula, the quilter said...

CarGuy is the one who is home all the time and I go off to work. But I don't have to be there until 10am so I know what you mean about hanging out in the morning. I'm debating with myself about showing a pic of the winter swap quilt.

May Britt said...

The winter swap quilt looks so nice. Lucky one receiving it.

Grazia said...

Oh!!! Your little quilt is so lovely!!!!
Happy new year!!!!
Grazia

Screen Door said...

Enjoy your New Year---Every day there's something to celebrate...

Marilyn R said...

Enjoy your vacation time with Hubby! Your 4seasons quilt is going to be adorable. Happy New Year!

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a wonderful week. :) I love your quilt....lucky recipient. Happy New Year...wishing you a filled with happiness.

Guðrún said...

I hope the new year will be a very happy one for you and your family.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Happy New Year Libby! Hope you are enjoying warm breezes there. We are having yet another snow storm today! 48 inches of snow in December!

Angela said...

Love the muted colors of the quilt.

Dawn said...

Sounds like a perfect few weeks to me! I saw Juno the other night also and enjoyed it. I"m liking the looks of your season swap - can't wait to see it progress.