Monday, December 10, 2007

Last week, the wacky weather guys began predicting a storm headed our way. From the looks of this sunrise Thursday morning, it didn't seem like any of it would come to pass.But for the second week in a row, we had much needed rain come our way. It is starting to feel a little winter-ish in my neck of the woods. By Saturday evening the temperature started to drop and on Sunday morning we could see SNOW! from the kitchen window. It is miles and miles and miles away, but we can see it and that counts. It's mostly gone now, but I just stared and stared at it while it lasted.
Even in my neck of the woods I can start singing . . . I'm dreaming of a white Christmas . . . .

8 comments:

Wendy said...

We woke to a light dusting of snow, just enough to make the roads icy. I love watching the snow too when I can stay home. I'm sure we'll get rain soon and it will be all gone.

Marilyn R said...

We've been getting ice storms - two in the past week and we have warnings for tonight/tomorrow. Unusual for our neck of the woods - snow yes, ice storms, no. Snow gets me in the Christmas mood, it's not the same with ice! Oh well, if I can't go anywhere tomorrow, I can stay in and quilt, decorate the tree, make cookies, the list goes on!

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Is it likely to snow for Christmas where you are Libby?

Quilt Memories said...

Here in NC where we live the temp was 78 today. Certainly not what we expect for this time of year. DH and I went to a band concert tonight that our DGD was playing in, well I wore a Christmas sweater, I thought I was going to roast. There were lots of people in the gym so that made it even fell hotter. But, glad we went, they are very much improved since last year. We enjoyed the music a lot. It's always fun to see your G-children doing good things.
That sky was beautiful!!!!

Shelina said...

That's a beautiful sunrise picture. We had snow, but it has turned to rain now. You have so many wonderful decorations out - I haven't gotten a single thing up yet! I suppose I should get started soon.

Darlene said...

We've had cooler temps and lots of cold rain. I've enjoyed the change. I can see sew on the distant mountains, too.

Darlene said...

OOPS - I forgot to mention that I love your new banner! :-)

atet said...

I'll trade you some of our ice and snow for a bit of that SoCal sunshine! I haven't seen the sun in days. Sigh -- though, I don't think I'll need to dream of a white christmas -- more like invest in a good pair of snow boots!