Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The big day is nearly here ! Tomorrow I'm going to Road To California - the big kahuna of quilt shows in my neck of the woods. I am looking forward to seeing what the vendors will have on hand to tempt me. I have a small list of things that I hope to find. This show is an opportunity for me to shop with some folks that I would otherwise find only on the internet . . . there's just something about being able to hold an item while making a decision . . .
In addition to the quilts that are being shown and judged, there will be a couple of special exhibits that are of interest to me. One will be One Patch Scrap Quilts dating from 1880's to 1940's. The other is The California State Fallen Heroes Quilt which will be on display.
Oh yeah. Also I'm going to meet up with some blogging friends - live and in person - I just have to find the right booth at the right time. Like a kid on Christmas eve, I wonder if I'm going to get any sleep tonight?

21 comments:

Linda said...

Hope you have a wonderful time Libby, and hope you remember to take your camera, so we can droll once you get home.

Wendy said...

Be sure to take lots of pictures of the special exhibits. Oh heck...take lots of pictures of everything, we want to see it all.

Have a great time at the show and how exciting to meet some blogging friends.

KCQuilter said...

Have a super duper time!!!! We'll anxiously await photos!

paula, the quilter said...

Have a really good time, Libby. Just slip me into your pocket so I can go along, ok?

Juliann in WA said...

Have fun shopping and looking at quilts and meeting blogging friends.

Bren said...

How exciting...take as many posts as you need to fill us in on every detail!! I would be interested in both of the exhibits you mentioned!

atet said...

Probably no sleep -- but make sure to take lots of pictures to share!

Darlene said...

Have lots and lots of fun and then come back and give us a full report. :-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

How lucky are you...now don't forget us over here in Aussie take lots of photos please.....have a fantastic time...

Yvonne said...

Have a wonderful time....it sounds like such fun. I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Quilting Pirate said...

bounce bounce...did you sleep?? Hope you got enough rest to see all the pretties today! Have FUN!!

Screen Door said...

Have lots of fun -- take hundreds of pictures.

Dawn said...

Oh how fun! We wants lots of details!

Judy said...

I'd love to see a nice picture of your whole group at the booth! Maybe you could get someone to take one! I know Carol is so excited too, you'll have a great time!

Quilt Memories said...

Have FUN,FUN,FUN.. Know you will!!!

Guðrún said...

Yes there is something special about having those things in your hand, should I buy it or not, yes I am going to... Have a great, great time.

Quilterin said...

Lucky girl your are..........
Must be a great exhibition!
Enjoy your time!!!
Looking forward to hear what you`ve to tell. And of cause to see all your pics.........

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Lucky you, I can't wait to hear all the details! Enjoy every minute.

Julia said...

OOOOO, I can't wait to hear how great is was. Be sure and share lots of pictures of everything!!!!

Suzy Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzy Quilter said...

What a super blog! I absolutely adore your quilts. Red is one of my favorite colors (along with yellow), so that Fever quilt really catches my eye. Just lovely! I love those hexagon stars as well! Will have to try some in the near future (like I don't have enough projects already -- LOL). Happy quilting! :o)