Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I guess I'm just going to have to blame it on postage costs. Yeah . . . that's what it is. I was happily working away on my Four Seasons Winter Swap piece when I found that I didn't have one single, solitary piece of fabric that would be suitable for binding. That set off a chain of events that lead me to become the proud owner of this book.
I began by conducting an online search using Quiltshops.com search engine for the perfect binding fabric. After making my selection and requesting the minimum 1/2 yard cut, I was left with shipping charges that exceeded the cost of the fabric. What's a girl to do? Go look at the sale bin, of course. There it was - a book that was published just as I came into quilting and far beyond my skill level at that time . . . now those same pages will become dogeared as I leaf through them again and again. A special shout out to The Quilted Banty. I placed my order on Saturday morning and it was in my mailbox Monday afternoon . Wrapped in a cute ribbon and a little note of thanks for shopping. I'll be back.
If that wasn't enough of a mailbox delight, I found in my email that I had been given the You Make My Day award from Paula at A Latte Quilts. How sweet is that?
While I love to share my life's ups and downs as well as quilting adventures, I have come to enjoy keeping up with all of you. It's so nice to know that I can make the day of someone when really it feels like all the fun and inspiration comes to me. I guess I can't blame that part on postage . . . but, heck, I wouldn't want to.

17 comments:

LBP said...

Don't you just hate it when you have to buy enough to justify the shipping! Oh course you got the book you wanted!

I have started the Debbie Mumm BOM. The first square I made wasn't square! :( I will be re-making it this week-end. I know what a 1/2" stitch is now! DUH! LOL

Linda

LBP said...

Apparently I still don't know how to make the square. It is a 1/4" not a 1/2"!!!!

Diane said...

You are one of the bloggers I read daily. I mentioned you in my blog today, so come visit if you like.

Bren said...

Ahhh, you have my favorite header back up!! You new whole cloth is gorgeous too!!!!!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

My thinking would have been the same, might as well make it more worth while on the postage!! Seems like perfectly good thinking to me!
Can't wait to see what you do from the book!

kjquilts said...

I love that book and The Quilted Banty!

Screen Door said...

I've never seen the book-- You'll have to shar ethe project that brought you to the book. Shipping is the best reason to support the quilting treasure box.

Judy said...

That little link cost me 3 new books! *s* Great new source for shopping, I hadn't seen some of their fabrics before. I was able to get (fingers crossed) the book that has the Lady Liberty you used on your SLOL quilt and one from Cheri Payne! Now I won't have to design her from just a picture! Thanks!

Can't wait to see the *perfect* fabric.

yellowfarmhouse said...

I have become a very late follower of Miss Jump and of course those books are very hard to find now. I did buy the last book she will publish called Farewell to Ms Jump (I think that's what it's called) and loved the projects in it. That's me, always a day late and a dollar short, LOL.

Hugs - Karen

Laura said...

Libby you will love that book, I love all the Miss Jump books.

Dawn said...

I have that book and just LOVE it! There are so many quilts in it I want to make! I've ordered from that shop before!

Teresa @ PlumWater Cottage said...

I just love Linda Brannock's books. Her Miss Jump series is the best!

Colleen Eskridge said...

Just caught up on your blog, the tree was so pretty, your whole cloth is looking fabulous...and the little winter quilt is too dear!Glad you had a lovely day. Happy new year. Colleen
We spent Christmas in the pool!:o)

Wendy said...

I must be out of the loop, I've never heard of that book. Sounds like it's a good series.

I'm glad you found something to make it worth paying the postage.

Guðrún said...

Poor you having to add that book to your shopping cart LOL

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, I have nominated you ae well!!
When you live over here, beating the shipping costs by spending your allowable limit is a must....if it says $11 to mail $60 worth, I want at least $59 worth in that bag...preferably all BARGAINS!!! So I probably would have got the book as well, tracey

Marcie said...

You go girl, and the rest of us will follow..obviously! I just got the last Miss Jump book this week from my friends for my BD. Love it! Hollyhocks anyone?