Sunday, January 13, 2008

Thank you so much for all the wonderful birthday greetings and wishes. I must admit that I can only share a few of the well wishes at a time with Hubby. So many of you gave kudos to him for his party planning, that I fear his head will grow too large to fit through the door if he hears them all at once. I must say that I hope it becomes a tradition to have cake first thing in the morning . . . I think it tastes better if you are wearing pajamas
Later in the day, The Princess gave me a call. We fired up the web cam and I opened my gifts from her. Aren't these red wire baskets darling. There are 3 in the set (only 2 in the photo) I like how they look hanging here, but they will also be great filled with all sorts of fun things around the house. Keep a look out , you never know where you may see them next. She also send a tortilla press. Homemade tortillas whenever we want them - YUM! That girl knows just where her mom's heart lies.By mid-afternoon we were on the road north. Our first destination was dinner at Pink's in Hollywood. It's a good thing we started out on the early side because we were in the line for ordering our hot dogs for over an hour! Man, that's one popular place. We both ordered the Huell Howser Dog. (Huell is a California PBS icon. If you ever have the chance to see one of his productions on your local station - you really must.) Being at Pink's was such an LA experience. With folks lined up like that, it only drew in more of the curious to see what the fuss was about. People were driving by taking pictures and videos - the closest I'll ever come to being stalked by the 'paparazzi.'
After the last bite of chili dog, we were back in the car for the short drive to the Pantages Theater to enjoy a performance of Wicked. We have seen the show before, but just couldn't help seeing another performance. I love the venue and would be happy to go in order to watch paint dry. But the show is wonderful and I will see it as many times as Hubby is willing to take me.
It was nearly 1 a.m. when we got home - very late for a gal who's getting older - I think I must be conscious of getting my beauty sleep more than ever from here on out. I didn't sleep in too terribly late though. I needed to get up, get going in order to be at Holiday Pet Hotel when they opened their doors.
Harper loves going and always comes home tuckered out. I think we may both be ready for bed extra early tonight.

22 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday to you...sounds like you and hubby had a great day all around. I need lots of beauty sleep, no late nights for me since I get up so early.

kjquilts said...

Happy Birthday! What a time you had!

I have an old quilting frame that looks like the one under the red wire baskets. Do you have your quilt attached to it? I'd love to see a picture of the frame with out the quilt.

Screen Door said...

Happy Birthday Libby!!! Sounds like your family took real good care of you....

Darlene said...

A wonderful day for you, your sweetie and Harper. :-)

yellowfarmhouse said...

What a wonderful way to spend your special day. Cami always comes home from the "puptel" (that's what we call it) and sleeps for most of the day.

Love the red baskets :)

Hugs - Karen

Jeanne said...

Libby, I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. Tell me more about the Pet Hotel. Our cats go nuts when they see our suitcases and we feel so guilty leaving them.

Shelina said...

Happy belated birthday Libby. I really like the four block quilt - the colors are just wonderful.

atet said...

Happy belated birthday! And kudos to your husband as well. I'm going to have to show your post to my own hubby -- I've got a birthday coming up in a week and I need to let him know the bar is set high! Love the little quilt you worked on as well as all the goodies you've been sharing (that soap holder is way cool). Have a great day!

Stephanie said...

What a perfectly lovely weekend! May all our birthdays be so pleasant!

Guðrún said...

Happy birthday Libby although it is a little late. Your present looks great hanging there. I love to see pictures from your home, there are quilts everywhere and all so beautiful.

Julia said...

Your day started fantastic and just got better and better!!! I am so glad that you had a wonderful birthday.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Hey I know about Pinks! I saw it on food Network! tee hee what are the odds I would know about that place being from Texas LOL...

ROZ said...

Happy Birthday, Libby. And many more.

Sweet P said...

You did have a wonderful birthday. Those red baskets are adorable. I'm sure you'll enjoy using them.

Mar said...

what a fabulous way to spend your Birthday. I love Wicked and wouldn't mind seeing it again too!

Rose said...

What a great Birthday evening you were treated to. You have a very loving family. The red baskets are very cool!

Do you LOVE your Thimbleberries rug? I have two of them and chair pads and I really love mine!

Judy said...

Love the basket...bet they have a great story behind them!

Grazia said...

Oh Libby...I'm late but....happy birthday!!!!

Yvonne said...

Happy Belated Birthday Wishes to you Libby. Sounds like you were well taken care of. :)

Colleen Eskridge said...

oooh! Libby, the littlefat quarter quilt is too dear!Happy Birthday...sounds like a grand day.The red baskets are great,lucky you.Can't wait to see your finished fever quilt. Colleen in South Africa

Linda_J said...

Libby, I am so sorry that I am so far behind here. Looks like you had a wonderful day thanks to The Princess and Dear Hubby. What will he do to top himself next year, I wonder?

Jane Ann said...

Little late here, chiming in with birthday wishes. What a fun day it was.

Huell is a local boy to me. He was well-liked on local television for many years before making the big break for California. Once in a while our PBS affilliate shows one of his "California Gold" episodes, and I have to say I liked him better back here in Tennessee. He sounds awfully "golly, gee" Gomer Pyle in what I've seen. He's still very beloved here, but I think his lifestyle out there is very different from the one in which he was raised. Interesting to hear what you Californians think of our boy!