Tuesday, January 08, 2008

There have been a couple of questions about why the soap holder needs replacement bars. Hubby was kind enough to make a little video with me when he got home this evening. It is regular soap with a hollow metal rod through the center. The rod slips over the piece that is attached to the wall and the little metal cap threads on the end to hold everything in place.


I liked that it takes up no counter space and that the soap is not in a dish turning into 'soap soup.' We have one spare replacement soap on hand. I think I may want to stock up a few more . . . just in case.
One more thing - Yes, that is a McCall's Candle jar holding cotton balls. Whenever a candle finishes its useful life, I pop the jar in the freezer over night. In the morning the wax is easy to get out of the bottom. I temporarily remove the metal band that holds the handle, soak to remove the label, then run through a dishwasher cycle to make it all sparkly clean. They also hold Q-tips quite nicely.

12 comments:

Wendy said...

That is the most nifty thing and wow, no soap soup sitting around....really cool...I love it.

Beth said...

That is so cool!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That is a neat soapy thing. OMG where did you get that? Loved the video too. Tell hubs kudos.
Great idea about the candle jar. I love McCalls jars.

Screen Door said...

What our husbands do for us----too funny...Beautiful bathroom.

Joyce said...

I really like the idea of soap being under control like that. Soap soup is an ever present problem.

Dawn said...

I have never seen such a thing!

Patti said...

What an ingeneous invention! I've never seen anything like that.

Judy said...

Yep, Noodle who lick it and then spin it for hours!!

Kairle said...

How very clever. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. You honestly learn something new every day. LOL!

Perry said...

This is a great idea for a soap holder. No more goo in the soap dish. Very lovely bathroom. Very functional and crisp looking.

leslie said...

Okay.. I give up! I have searched on the web and cannot find your soap mount... Could you lead me to where I can find it? What is the make... I would order two of them this minute if I could find them! I hope you get this!!! I just love it!

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

I've never seen anything like it. Amazing.