Saturday, February 16, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning . . . for the first time in 5 weeks, Hubby does not have to go to the office over the weekend. I'm such a happy girl! Lazy weekend mornings reading the paper, sipping coffee, fixing (and eating) a yummy breakfast are just the best.
Today's menu included banana pancakes. I had a bit of a hitch when I was mixing up the batter and I blame my grocery store! They have apparently changed the color of their milk cartons and yellow is now 1% sweet milk rather than buttermilk. The batter came out a little thin.
But the cakes cooked up just fine. Note to self - always read the labels. You cannot trust your market to look out for you.
There was also bacon. I cooked it in the oven rather than on the stovetop for the first time with some very pleasing results - crispy, yet not all curled up.
Yesterday afternoon I put the last stitches in the Williamsburg Welcome top - my take on Marcie's pattern Williamsburg Medallion. It was so much fun to stitch up. Marcie's patterns are so well laid out - easy to read, in a logical order, etc. If you haven't tried one yet, I recommend getting one (or two, or three . . . ) and try it out for yourself.
Recently I was 'tagged' by Beth and Lil to post 7 random or weird facts about me.

Here again the rules:

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

1 - I don't always care to follow rules. I prefer to set up my own parameters and go from there - a maverick, if you will. Since I've posted weird things about myself here and here, I'm afraid I may start frightening folks off if I divulge too much more. Instead I found this little ditty over at Calico Amy's - a way to share and not scare.

One Word...
You
Can
Only
Type
One
Word

(It is not as easy as it looks)

1. Where is your cell phone? Wallet
2. Your significant other? Beloved

3. Your hair? Soft
4. Your mother? Deceased
5. Your father? Same
6. Your favorite thing? Disneyland
7. Your dream last night? None
8. Your favorite drink? Cola
9. Your dream/goal? Simplicity
10. The room you’re in? Americana
11. Your ex? Who?
12. Your fear? Crowds
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Home
14. Where were you last night? Home
15. What you’re not? Thin
16. Muffins? Sure
17. One of your wish list items? Acreage
18. Where you grew up? Lompoc
19. The last thing you did? Dishes
20. What are you wearing? Sweatshirt
21. Your TV? Sony
22. Your pet? Charming
23. Your computer? Reliable
24. Your life? Charmed
25. Your mood? Happy
26. Missing someone? Princess
27 Your car? Pickup
28. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes
29. Favorite Store? Jimbo's
30. Your summer? Touristy
31. Like someone? Lots
32. Your favorite color? Red
33. When is the last time you laughed? Today
34. Last time you cried? Last night

*whew* That was not all that easy, but I encourage all of you to give it a try. Leave a comment so I can read your responses. Off to play with Hubby.

39 comments:

yellowfarmhouse said...

That quilt turned out lovely and can I just pull up a chair for a stack of pancakes. Those sound yummy. I always bake my bacon in the oven. I love how it gets crispy just the way I like it and it stays flat.

Loved that one word answer meme

Have a wonderful relaxing weekend.

Hugs - karen

Susie said...

Hi Libby,
Loved catching up with your news and I'm sorry it's so long between my visits. I saw Barefoot Contessa cook her bacon in the oven, and keep meaning to try it. Perhaps for our Sunday breakfast.
That looks like a fun meme. Perhaps I'll play in the not too distant future. I'll let you know.
Have a great weekend..
xoxo

Marcie said...

Your rendition of the medallion quilt is awesome! It is so fun for me to see how your mind turns things primitive. Now please pass the pancakes and bacon!

Wendy said...

Don't you get annoyed when the packaging is changed. I bought hubby his yogurt the other day and he said, it was different....I didn't read the container...bought the wrong one...oh well.

Your quilt turned out fantastic...I love it.

I had fun reading your one-word answers. Have a great play date with hubby.

Darlene said...

I hope you've enjoyed your time with your hubby. Pancakes and bacon look yummy!

Your quilt is adorable. Loved the one word answer meme.

Quilterin said...

Hi Libby!
Your medaillon quilt looks gorgeous!

It was nice to learn something more about you and I hope you enjoyed your breakfast with your hubby. The pancakes and the bacaon look yummy.........

ROZ said...

I like the pineapple on the quilt. It's a charmer.

gwen said...

I can smell the bacon over here! Congratulations on a very nice quilt top and your list was very interesting. Take care.

Eileen said...

Love your take on Marcie's Williamsburg. Makes a great Welcome quilt.

To the rest , No comment.

lil said...

Libby, ok for the "tagg", your one word thing is funny, but you cheated at the last answer, you used 2 words, ;o)))))

maybe I'll do it soon too

kjquilts said...

Yummy! Breakfasts like that leave me so full I can't eat again all day. I also usually take a nap later!

Love your quilt! That was a great idea to use the pineapple in the center.

Karen said...

I heard about your Williamsburg Medallion from Marcie and hopped over here to see it; it is just wonderful, Libby, heavens, you certainly put your own creative stamp on it. Love the pineapple so much! and the colors.

Rose said...

I love your take on Marcie's pattern. The quilt top turned out wonderfully! I also enjoyed your one word meme. Very fun ;)

Pancakes sound wonderful and since I didn't get anything out to thaw for supper, I think that's what we'll have. Thanks for the idea!

Guðrún said...

Your quilt is great. Cozy breakfast you and your DH had :)

Kari & Kijsa said...

Yummy! These sound delicious! So nice to meet you and your site!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Em said...

How do you make bacon in the oven? Would it work in a toaster oven too? Great idea! I made breakfast this morning too - a treat!

Lea said...

OMG, Libby! I love your version of Marcie's Medallion quilt!!!
You did a wonderful work. It's so "You", very rustic and primitive. Thank you for sharing a picture!
Hugs, Lea

Carole said...

I can see pictures again! Time for some catchup! Yummy, sorry I missed breaky! lol Love your bowl. I no longer buy butter milk in a carton. I now buy the powder stuff. It's easy to mix and available whenever I need it! Your quilt is absolutly gorgeous. I'm going to have to get myself that pattern. I love it! Keep well!

Shelina said...

A beautiful quilt, pretty pancakes, and getting to know you better. You did really well, until the last item. Hope it was a good cry and not a sad cry. the meme does sound interesting; I think I will do it as well.

Mar said...

hmm very interesting, now how do you enjoy Disneyland without the crowd? Is there a trick? Love the quilt, of course!

LBP said...

Grrrrr! It makes me so mad when the food companies change their packaging! Don't they know I'm a creature of habit and always grab the milk with the blue top!

BTW, those pancakes look delish!

Blessings

Linda

Chelle said...

Hi! Wow! First I was going to say that those pancakes look yummy!! Then I was reading your "one word" and saw that you grew up in Lompoc! I went to high school in Lompoc, and we are currently living here to be near my family!

I have added your blog to my blog links, I enjoyed reading your blog!

Tracey said...

libby, if you're responses to previous tags scares others away, i best pack my bags and head out! you're absolutely fine...and don't let anyone tell you anything different! :o)

tracey
www.theehandworks.typepad.com

atet said...

Wow -- that breakfast sounds delicious and the quilt is even more scrumptious! Love your variation of the Williamsburg Medallion. You may tempt me to try primative colors yet...

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The Welcome quilt is very pretty, very Libby. I LOVE banana pancakes; I agree with you... there oughta be a law before the store can decide to change packaging on an oft-purchased item! I refuse to accept responsibility! Ha!!

Colleen E formerly of South Africa said...

Loved reading about you..... and your soft hair!Your new medallion quilt looks wonderful. Have you started to quilt fever?Just catching up. Colleen adjusting from South Africa

Quilterin said...

Hi Libby!
I will sign these post a second time......lol

I do it because I awarded you the "Best Blogging Buddy Award".
I want to say thank you for your regularly visits and all the time you spent to leave a comment. It´s really wonderful!
Thanks!

Lots of greetings from Austria
ELKE

Bren said...

What fun catching up with you! I love the Fishnet quilt...you are right. There is magic there.

Cheryl said...

Pancakes and bacon - YUMMY! Your welcome quilt is wonderful, and the one word game is so much fun!

julieQ said...

Yum, when are you serving? hehehe, be right over! Enjoy your days...lovely quilt!

Patti said...

Love the medallion - turned out really nicely. I'm really starting to miss working with primitives. Maybe I need to take out one of my Jan Patek UFO's to work on next.

Dawn said...

Oh Libby - it is AWESOME! I just love how it turned out. Wait till you see what I got figured out. I just have to find time to do it now!

Yvonne said...

Oh Libby, I love the quilt. :)
Breakfast looks delicious and I enjoyed the meme.

katelnorth said...

OK, that was fun (and challenging - especially the fear one, as my main fear is that my kids will get hurt somehow but how to say that in one word?) anyway, thanks for that - and the pancakes look nice despite the whole milk thing...

Kathie said...

Love the way this quilt turned out.
Oh I have the pattern now and might just have to make it twice!
I love the red toile she used in hers but I LOVE the primitive look of yours...yup, I need two of them!
LOL
Kathie

Sharon said...

Your quilt is lovely and the pancakes really made me hungry.
I would like to know how you do bacon in the oven? I have never done that.
I thought the only way was stove top.
Have a great day.

Finn said...

Hi Libby, happy Thursday! I've got sunshine and 9 degrees to go with coffee and fresh CC cookies...wantta come?? *VBS*
I think your pancakes look very good, but it might just be it's lunch time here in WI.
What fun to fill in that me-me with the one word one instead...LOL. I've been tagged for that 7-up weirds also..I'm thinking, honest I am *G*
Hugs for a frosty day, Finn

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Hey Libby, someone nominated me for a Spreader of Love blog award so I am passing it on to you because I love your blog. Hope you're enjoying nice spring weather as we are not enjoying any here in NH.

Stephanie said...

Playing catch-up! Fun meme, and I plan to do it later. My stepfather-in-law used to make bacon in the oven, too. But then it takes too long for the biscuits to be done and the bacon is cold, so I don't do it that way most of the time.