Thursday, February 21, 2008

This week all of Hollywood has been buzzing with preparations for the 80th Academy Awards ceremony that will take place this Sunday. With all of the talk of what will be worn on the red carpet? will the weather cooperate? who will win? what will be the most memorable acceptance speech? I am brought back to 1985 as Sally Field stood at the podium and gushed, '...I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!' Right now, I'm feeling just a little of what Sally must have felt on that night.
Recently I have been honored to receive some blogging awards and I certainly do feel special. First there is The Daily Dose given to me by Stephanie at Scraps - bless Stephanie for being so patient with me, it has taken me so very long to post this.
Someone named Xandra created this award:
"Xandra started the Daily Dose to celebrate sticking to blogging. As she says,
'I’m calling it The Daily Dose award, and it goes to the blogs that I must read every day without fail. Seriously, I might as well mainline new posts…it’s that addictive. I feel acute disappointment when I go to my favorite blogs and find old posts (no pressure here, girls!).
So here’s to all the blogs that you’ve discovered that you can’t possibly live without. They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog.'"

Then Elke at Quilterin sent an email to let me know she was sharing this with me. She said,"I awarded you the "Best Blogging Buddy Award". I want to say thank you for your regularly visits and all the time you spent to leave a comment. It´s really wonderful!" Isn't that sweet of her? I love reading what each of you is up to and leaving a little note here and there. I think my family would quickly tell you that it's easy for me to have something to say on just about everything.

Then last but certainly not least Chris at Cats On My Quilts gave me The Spreader of Love award. Wow! I'm going to have to be very careful here - my ego could begin to inflate, causing my head to swell. Hubby always fears when that happens that I might not be able to get through the door. Chris left a note about how much she enjoys the quilts I share and that she's jealous of my California weather. I'd gladly trade a few balmy 72 degree days for the chance to build a snowman right in my own front yard.

None of these awards came with restrictions; therefore, I would like to pass all three along to everyone of you (even the lurkers - I know you are out there.) I enjoy every aspect of blogging and without it, I would not have come to have the global community of friends that I have found in it. So while I am grateful to be given these awards, it's really to you all - my fellow bloggers and blog readers - that I say, 'I can't deny the fact that I like you, too.'

17 comments:

Yvonne said...

I can see that each and every award is deserved dear Libby. The blogging world is a better place with you in it. :) Now hopefully your head won't be too swelled....LOL Hey, I got to be first....I even beat out the westcoasters. :)

Lindah said...

Hi Libby! Congratulations on being recognized at last for the lovely job of posting that you do.
I'm one of those readers you referred to and I appreciate your term better than "lurker". But whatever, I enjoy your blog and wanted to say so.
Blessings from the northstate!

Patti said...

You definitely deserve every one of these!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW do you get a goody loot bag like the stars do too??? I think your pretty special with all those award!!! And I'm sure deserving.

Lea said...

Wow, Congratulations Libby! Such an Award Rush on you! *S*
Yes, Your blog and quilts are the top-notch and you deserved all awards!

Knot Garden said...

They are all well deserved! Your pictures and your writing always brighten my day.

cynthia said...

Libby, I have just discovered blogs and check yours everyday! You deserved each award. I am so blown away with all the quilting that is getting done, you inspire me to get quilting!
Cynthia in Ky

Julie said...

Congrats, Libby. You are deserving of all 3 awards. I'm a blog "reader" & yours is one I check everyday. Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilts & your fun outlook on life in the golden state. I'll gladly send some snow down your way from up here in No. Ca.!

Eileen said...

WOW, Libby, what a bunch of awards. Deserve every one. At least you have something new up most days.

I'd love to trade places with you. Have some snow this morning in Maryland and everything is at a standstill because ICE is coming. From a native Californian Go Girl.

Angie said...

You deserved every one of those awards, dear friend!! You are just one of the best internet buddies we could have!! :) And I'm so glad you had a hummingbird the other day (and soooo jealous too--oh, Spring, Spring!)

Beth said...

I haven't been in the blog world long, but long enough to know you deserve all of these awards. Your blog is wonderful, I only hope that I can create such a great blog too.

lil said...

Libby, just found your blog some time ago and all I can say is that each one of these awards could have been from me

and thanks for everything you share with us

Katie said...

You are my daily buddy, too. And I feel your love. Thank you my friend.
Are you wearing something quilted for your red carpet walk? LOL

Diane said...

Oh Libby, of course I like you! Your blog awards are well deserved.

Wendy said...

I look forward to everyone one of your posts, you are certainly deserving of these awards...don't start swelling...teehee. I look forward to seeing your quilts and hearing your stories.

Susie said...

Congratulations on your well deserved awards. I'm terribly behind on reading blogs (again!) but yours is one I read faithfully..
We're having none of that 72º California weather today. It's very high winds and pouring rain.
xo

Barbara Doduk said...

My love award could indeed be "Spread" on to anyone you feel deserves it. The more the merrier.

Cheers
B @ The Love Blog