Sunday, June 01, 2008

Already another weekend is about to come to a close. We were lucky today to enjoy the sun as we worked in the yard. Now that June is upon us, the weather pattern known locally as 'June Gloom' will arrive. Hubby looked up some weather statistics and learned that we usually have 3 sunny days during the month. YIKES - we've already used one up.
Look at what has been harvested from our little garden so far. Some purple bell peppers, a couple of Anaheim chilis , yellow squash , and a little zucchini. It looks meager, but I was just so anxious to pick something - anything. The harvests will be more abundant soon. Maybe even enough to share. Hubby dedicated a good part of the weekend working on the new planter box and trellis. We determined that a triangular shaped arrangement would better suit the space. A rectangle or square would have blocked view from the windows of The Princess' bedroom. That is one of the very lovely features of that sunny room.
Take a peek for yourself.
Thank you for all the support and kind words that were offered on the airing of my project list. It really was good for me to do so publicly, even though I had been quite resistant in the past. I guess I should admit right here and now that there are two others that came to mind after I published the post. Doggone it - the list just gets longer and longer. What's a girl to do?
Why pull fabric for something new, of course.
Here is a quick look at the fabrics that I have chosen for my 4 Seasons Summer Swap quilt. After allowing the selection to rest for a couple of days, I've already changed my mind some from what you see here. Although I remain focused on the Secret Deadline Quilt, I hope to get a good start on this swap piece during the week. After all, it has a deadline, too.

19 comments:

Carole said...

Wow, am I really the first to comment on your blog? Better push the botton!

Carole said...

I really was! :OD Oh, lovely goodies from the garden. If I were to publish a photo of ours, you would see little tiny plants just beginning to grow. The cherry tomato on steroids may be tad bigger but nothing to brag about at the moment! It's been cool here almost to the point of wanting to put the heat on! Of course, we don't, it just wouldn't be proper in June. Never mind that we can't due to the renos! lol Love the fabric for your swap! I cannot wait to say glimpses of your quilt, well until you can show all of it! ;o) Keep well and happy quilting!

dot said...

I like the fabrics you have choosen for your swap. I will await to see what becomes.

Susie said...

I think it will be a while before we harvest nearly that much. The veggies are huge and loaded with blossoms.
We're having lots of very overcast mornings too.
xo

Stina said...

Lovely veggies...hope you did something yummie of them...;D...and your new garden arrangement is looking VERY good...thanks for the idea......and wow...you started your FSQ...just have it all in my head in a blur...Good luck !!

paula, the quilter said...

I just got the tomato plants in over the weekend and both of them are surrounded by a Walls O Water. Our season starts later. Love the sunflower you have going in the fabrics you pulled.

Darlene said...

Yummy looking goodies from your garden.

Love the view from your DD bedroom window and the new garden 'triangle' is going to look great covered in green!

Nines said...

The garden box looks like quite a project! Can't wait to see it full of flowers.
I love the colors you've chosen for your swap- very warm.
Enjoy the goodies from the garden.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love that trellis planter, clever! Your view is divine. Don't stress too much over your UFO's, you're finishing up projects constantly!

Julie said...

I am so jealous of your harvest. I just planted my one & only tomato today. We've had snow on Father's Day in the past so I'm going for the big gamble.

I love your color sense and choice of fabrics. Your summer swap is bound to be a stunner.

LBP said...

I am so jealous! You are getting peppers already! Mine aren't anywhere near ready. Those purple ones are cool!

I love the colors of the fabrics you have chosen for your swap.

Blessings

Linda

Wendy said...

The garden goodies look delicious. Great work on the new planter, it's going to be awesome covered in plants. I look forward to little glimpses of your new project.

Quilt Memories said...

Great veggies, and what a great choice of fabrics, can't wait to see your progress as you go. I think that is always fun. Bobbin

Karen said...

My heavens, don't stress over unfinished projects. They are just works in progress. I think you will get things done in due time. And if something doesn't get finished, some lucky person will be glad to take it off your hands and finish it. I give away unfinished projects sometimes. I am delighted with the stories that come back to me about what a person has done with it. Two pieces ended up as a gift to a person in a foreign country. Several have been finished and donated either to a charity or for a church bazaar. One lady told me that her mother said it was the nicest quilt her daughter had ever given her for the church bazaar (I thought it was a bad quilt myself and that's why I gave it away). You just never know what delights they will bring to others.
Your veggies look so good. It amazes me that you live so far north but have vegetables to pick already.

Quilts And Pieces said...

MMMmm fresh produce! I thought of you this weekend while I tried out a new recipe, but not with fresh stuff. If I get time tomorrow I snapped a pic!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Your new planter area is looking good :O)...

I did the same thing on my swap quilt fabrics, I pulled them and I did post a pic, but then I have now changed out the two browns for two differen't browns LOL aftering looking at them a day or two, my eye kept snagging on those browns, so I changed them out :O)...

I have to a couple things out of the garden as well, our garden is wellllll very sad this year LOL... it just isn't doing well. But we will get a few things... We have major plans for the veggies garden this fall, it involves boxed rows and drip irrigation! wooowhooo finally!

ROZ said...

Send me over one of the zucchinis, please. You folks have a green thumb.

Suzy Quilter said...

Heh heh. Join the club with the majority of us who have plenty of UFOs to keep us busy, yet still start yet another project. LOL!

Your veges look yummy! :o)

Guðrún said...

The view is great! Of course the only thing to do was to start a new project.