Monday, June 30, 2008

I want to start by sending a thank you from the entire family for all the greetings and good wishes on The Princess' happy return. The warmth in each came through in every one. It has been such fun for our little family to be all under the same roof once again. It won't be long before we are settled into a daily routine. She's already begun the process to enroll in school, job hunting won't be too far behind . . . a girl does need a little vacation first.
We have had some wonderful weather. All the charts that showed average June sunshine at 3 days went right out the window. It has been very nice and has helped the garden really get going. All the plants are very happy. This is the Saturday morning harvest just from the pepper patch.I separated out the Anaheim's for roasting. After they were peeled and seeded, a portion was used for tacos and the rest went into scrambled eggs.
Radishes! The seeds were planted on the 3rd of June. Color me -Amazed.
There has been a little bit of sewing. This morning I stitched myself a little bag to hold clothes pins. I had been keeping them in the plastic bag they were purchased in. Totally unsatisfactory. I just clip the drawstring to the line and it slides along right ahead of me.
This afternoon I stitched down the binding on my Four Seasons Summer Swap quilt. It's been washed and is now hanging on the line. A view of the back before I attach the label.
And the front before just a couple of small embellishments.
Then it can be on its way. I have thoroughly enjoyed each season of this swap - the quilts I have made and the quilts I have received. It's hard to believe that a whole year has gone by since sign ups for Fall 2007 began.
I am getting very close to putting the last quilting stitches in The Princess' quilt. Then binding and label. The new deadline is July 6 - her last official day in the Air Force. If I keep my nose to the wheel, I really think I can meet the new deadline.

24 comments:

Catherine said...

The radishes -- oh, you are so lucky!! We're heading for the farmer's market this week as I'm hoping to get some local produce including radishes!
Your Four Seasons quilt is great -- love the sunflower!

Wendy said...

Those garden treats look so delicious. I love your new swap quilt, too bad I couldn't have kept going, well next time.

Joyce said...

We'll have to wait a few weeks for our radishes. The quilt looks great.

paula, the quilter said...

I didn't plant radishes but my basil has been coming up gangbusters! Cute little Summer quilt! Is it mine?

Beth said...

I'm so glad you and your family are enjoying being back home together and getting into a routine. I just love your swap quilt, I'm selfish, I wish you had me again! LOL

Guðrún said...

I am sure you will finish it before the deadline. Your swap quilt is so great just like you did it *VBG* and that is an accomplishment.

Julia said...

Your garden bounty looks so yummy! We are quite a bit slower here in Idaho. My garden is just getting a really good start. I can't wait to be harvesting like you are!
I love your little swap quilt. I would be jumping for joy if it found it's way to my house. *S*

Crazy for Primitive Quilts & Gardens said...

This quilt is adorable! Love it. So glad for your family's happy days with your daughter back :o)

May Britt said...

Beautiful summer quilt. And so Libbyish :)
Enjoy the summer with Princess. It feels good to have her home.

dee said...

so thrilled for you that your daughter is home safe and sound.
I can't believe how fast those radishes grow. You must have the magic touch in growing things-I know you have the magic touch in quilting. The quilt is so sweet.
Have fun Libby.

Stina said...

Amazing vegetables...
And it´s so good to hear that you are having fun together!! And the weather..please ENJOY!!! And I love your 4SQS quilt...the quilting turned out great... have to stop myself for being scared to quilt mine... ;D
Take care...

Carolyn said...

Your garden is certainly productive...as are you! I haven't started my four season swap yet..I need to get moving on it! Yours is lovely.

Juliann in WA said...

How fun to read about your daughter's return. Your garden feast looks wonderful. Enjoy this time.

McIrish Annie said...

love your little summer quilt and your clothespin bag. I'm using an old plastic milk jug with a cutout and holes poked in the bottom so the rain goes through!! LOL. You are far more stylish!

Katie said...

Oh I love the quilting on that quilt. And the quilt design. Love love love it.
I've got to make me a clothes pin bag.

ROZ said...

I love the hanging with the beehive! Is this from a pattern, or did you design it yourself? I'd like to make this, or something similar. and the radishes look great. I used to plant "torpedo" radishes and white ones, too, back in the good old days.

Karen said...

I know the summer quilt isn't for me, but it sure would look good at my house!

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh your swap quilt is gorgeous. I love it, as I do just about everything you make!

Jeanne said...

I can taste a radish sandwich! Best on homemade or rye bread with butter, salt and lettuce. Love your summer quilt for the swap. Someone will be very happy when she receives it.

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous harvest...I picked up my first CSA....got some radishes too.
I love your little quilt....someone is going to be so happy.
Glad to know you are enjoying the princess so much....life is good!!!!

Marilyn R said...

Your swap quilt is adorable! The quilter who receives it is one lucky gal!

yellowfarmhouse said...

Yummy looking produce there girlfriend and it came from you own backyard. Love your little quilt for the four season swap. Your swap partner is so lucky. Now that little clothes pin bag sure is a cutie and great idea. I don't have a clothes line at this house, to far to haul the clothes down to it, but I will in the next house. You just can't beat things dried on a line in the sunshine.

Hugs - karen

Stephanie D. said...

Yummm! Radishes--can't believe they're less than a month in the ground! And peppers, too! Next spring, I'll have a garden for sure!

Love the swap quilt--reminds me that I really need to get started on mine.

Rose Marie said...

Love your latest swap quilt ..... it is so homey looking!