Tuesday, July 01, 2008

How did we get to the halfway mark of this year already? Gosh, time just flies! I still have one Christmas quilt hanging from the last holiday season. If I don't get it down this week, it may as well stay up all year. The good news is that it does not scream, 'Ho, Ho, Ho!' Still it's starting to annoy me. Hubby is on vacation until next Tuesday. If I ask real sweet, I'm sure he'll climb up the tall ladder to do a switch out for me. I did finally get the patriotic decorations put up last week. Again, far behind schedule for me. Usually they go up at Memorial Day *yikes* I'm really slackin'.Tomorrow morning Harper is having surgery to repair the torn ACL in her left knee. It's going to be a very long, worry filled day for me. And the thought of trying to keep her from running and jumping for the next 6 to 8 weeks is quite daunting. Hubby keeps reminding me that it will all be worth it when the recovery is over. We will be able to play and go for walks just like always. He's right - still I will worry.
I'm going to take a brief blogging break to enjoy Hubby's time at home, give much needed tlc to my pup, and play with The Princess. I will try to keep up with reading posts - I know how you gals like to gab. I may not be leaving comments everywhere I visit - just know I'm out there lurking and . . . I'll be back!

24 comments:

Suzy Quilter said...

Doggie prayers are coming your way for a quick recovery. I'll be thinking of you. :o)

Susie said...

I'll be thinking of Harper and sending lots of good wishes for a quick and full recovery.
Enjoy your break.
xo

paula, the quilter said...

Wow, 2 Sus in a row! All my best goes out to Harper. That is going to be a daunting job keeping her quiet.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Speedy recovery to Harper I am sure she will be back walking with her Mum and Dad in no time...enjpy your time with your family...take care..special hugs for Harper..

Catherine said...

Best wishes on Harper's surgery and recovery. Enjoy your time with your husband and family.

yellowfarmhouse said...

Give Harper a big hug for me and I will be thinking about you all tomorrow and wishing big wishes for a speedy recovery.

BIG HUGS - Karen

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Enjoy your time with Hubby and Harper...6-8 wks is a long time to keep a dog from jumping, but what a good puppy Mommy you are to take such good care of her. :)

Julia said...

I will be thinking of and praying for Harper to have a speedy recovery.

Have a wonderful time with your family!

Stephanie D. said...

Oh, poor Harper! Tandi sends good will wishes and a wag of her stub. (Did you see her photo on my blog a few days ago? Harper is very photogenic!

Vacations are meant to be enjoyed, as are families. Have fun!

Carol said...

Libby I'm sending good thoughts for all of you tomorrow...I know exactly what you are going through...Zack had is first knee done last August and his second one done in October...keeping him still wasn't as bad as I thought...he really didn't feel like doing much...but he's better than new now and it was sure worth it. Zack sends good wishes and says Harper's going to do great! HUGS!

Yvonne said...

Enjoy your family time...will be praying for quick recovery for Harper. :)

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Oh these furry friends we do worry about them, give Harper a treat for me and Kota :O)...those recoveries are hard for sure when we have to keep them from moving around in their normal fashion...but yep when she is all well it will be good :O)...

Yep I have my honey man home for 5 days too! I am thrilled!

Judy said...

Oh poor Baby, I hate pets having surgery. She'll be fine once she's home and good luck keeping her down and calm...when they fixed Noodles claw that he "declawed" himself one day, they said keep it dry and don't let him jump. Well he jumped right away and we found him sitting with his paw IN the water dish. Every time we turned around it was in the water dish! Wish you both good luck. I'm sure having another pair of hands and eyes at home will help too.

Have a nice vacation at home!

Finn said...

I'll hold Harper and you in my thoughts and prayers *VBS* I'm sure it will all go well.
Enjoy your break from blogging and treasure each new memory. Big hugs, Finn

Guðrún said...

My dog had a surgery today, my DH is the "nurse" as I get sick just seeing the blood. I hope Harper will do fine I know what you are going through.

Marilyn R said...

Enjoy your time with your family and Harper!

Knot Garden said...

Enjoy your family time and best wishes to Harper for a speedy recovery.

McIrish Annie said...

Enjoy your break. You deserve it!! and hope that Harper recovers quickly

Karen said...

See you after a while, Lurking Libby! Hope Harper's surgery goes beautifully.

Chocolate Cat said...

Will be thinking of Harper and hoping for a speedy recovery. Enjoy your break and time with hubby, harper and the princess, not necessarily in that order!!

Katie said...

Enjoy the family time. Scratch Harper for Kipper and me.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Hope Harper's surgery goes well. Look at that sweet, sweet face! I love him!

Wendy said...

Have a wonderful break with your family and I wish a speedy recovery for Harper.

Carin said...

love your flag quilt!