Friday, October 10, 2008

Tagged! Caron Mosey tagged me to share 6 random things about myself. I have have done this before, but figured with just a bit of thought there might be six more things about me to share. So here goes:
Here are the rules for being tagged:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. OK, I did that. Click on Elly's name above.
2. Put the rules on the blog. Did that too! You are reading them.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself. See the list below.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.


6 Random things about me:

1. I like to count things - anything, anytime. But my favorite thing to count is letters in words. I tend to keep a running total of word letters going in my head most of the time.
2. When I pass through the Gaviota tunnel (and I'm not the driver, of course) I lick my fingers, touch the roof of the vehicle, lift my feet from the floor and shut my eyes. It's some sort of silly 'good luck' stunt I learned as a teenager. Who am I to tempt the fates and not keep doing it?
3. I enjoy keeping traditions alive (see #2 above.) I use certain utensils and bowls in food preparation because that's the way my mom did it and for no other reason. That way it's like she's right there in the kitchen with me.
4. I much prefer driving a pickup to a sedan. During the years The Princess was growing up, I did switch to an SUV. Now I'm happily back in a pickup again.
5. I favor 'indie flick' movies over the 'blockbuster' variety any day of the week. A good documentary is always greatly anticipated. Those are the places you will find me searching at Netflix.
6. As my name indicates, I am so happy with simple things. This little tidbit thrills Hubby no end. When it comes to gift shopping, no fancy baubles or expensive purses does he need to find. He has overjoyed me on Christmases past with things like Glow Sticks, a kazoo, sidewalk chalk (a perennial favorite.)

I'd like to tag -
Julie at Through The Barn Door
Karen at Log Cabin Quilter
Lea at Simple Pleasures
Mary at Quilt Hollow
TheQuiltBuddy
QuilterPolly at Quilter Polly Loves To Quilt

*whew* That wasn't easy.
The weekend days excepted, today is the last day of the staycation. I'll have a couple of our adventures to share with you next time. I'm terribly behind in blog reading and my email box is full, full, full. Please bear with me for just a few days more. For today I'll leave you with another look at the Amish Pinwheels all laid out on the design floor. I have plans for 21 more. Then I lay them all out to find a pleasing look and start setting them with the black. I can hardly wait!

16 comments:

Julie said...

Well, geez louise, Libby. You're gonna make me do some heavy thinking. Okay, then, I'll play. It may take me awhile to make errr I mean think up something interesting, though.

Cute, cute pinwheels!

Judy said...

I've been meaning to write a blog post about some of the coolest documentaries that hubby finds on Netflix. I'll go do that soon and It will be interesting to see if you've watched any of them.

Guðrún said...

Your blocks are looking great.

The Quilt Buddy said...

Hi Mrs. Simple!

Thank you for thinking about me! You are too sweet! Ok, I'll play and I will let you know when I post it (probably this weekend).

Hope that you are enjoying the weather! I am! Have a good weekend!

Stefanie

Caron said...

Great list, Libby! It's funny you mention counting. Every night when I get up... usually around 3ish, I look at the clock and count how many hours I have left to sleep. Doesn't matter if I already know the answer... I still count through the hours. Three to four, four to five, five to six... 3 hours left to sleep. Pretty dumb, I thought. I count other things too, but this middle-of-the-night counting ritual ticks me off every time I do it!

Karen said...

Always fun to learn things about our fellow bloggers. I'm like you in I try and make things with tradition just like my Mom or Grandma did - like using Grandma's cookie tin with her special cookie recipe.

Glad your staycation was a good one.

Hugs - Karen

Sherry said...

Enjoyed your list...I can relate to some of that. :) Your pinwheels are looking great. Have a super week-end!

Stephanie D. said...

Counting letters in words--never heard that one before. How unique!

Do you have satellite TV? We get a documentary channel, but I don't watch it that often. I think the last one I saw was "Supersize Me". Scary stuff.

The pinwheels are looking cute!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Loved reading more about you...as always. The pinwheels look great...anticipating the end result.

Catherine said...

Those blocks are going to look so fabulous with black! That will be a gorgeous quilt!

dee said...

LOVE your list! Thanks for the blogs to check out as well-really fun.
Those pinwheel blocks will be so beautiful set against black. They will just pop.
We are contemplating using Netflix and thanks for your opinion-I'm happy to hear it a good choice.

Wendy said...

Great list Libby, I love the simple pleasures in life. My girls always look forward when I use an old recipe that been in the family forever.

The pinwheels are looking so cute.

em's scrapbag said...

Love the pinwheels. The colors are fabulous.

ROZ said...

I like Indie movies, too.

Carin said...

Cool pin wheels! LOVE them

Lea said...

Ah, Libby, I LOVE your amish pinweel!!!! They looks so gorgeous! and your Spooky tree! I love it! Hmmm.... I better pick up my fabrics and start quiltting.*S* (put a cross stitch by side!)