Oh boy, now I've gone and done it. I have avoided doing this for a long time, but this time it just couldn't be helped. I have taken a true, honest and accurate assessment of the UFO's that now languish in the new garage cupboards. It didn't turn out to be as painful as I feared it might. I think there is a good chance that just about everything can be finished or reasonably dispensed with without too much trauma. I have to admit that the list is not nearly as long as I feared yet it is longer than I would like .
Peaceful Garden Path - first attempt at needle turn appliqué. Abandoned due to a critical eye. Current assessment - not as bad as it once seemed, there's hope.
My Country Week - didn't keep up well in a very fast paced class. Buried but not forgotten in a box. Current assessment - maybe I should start this one again, I have a better stash of wool now which would make for a better variety in the blocks.
Liberated Quilt - class with Gwen Marston. Made liberated houses, stars, and log cabins in class - managed to assemble a little top by the end of the day with every intention of putting some appliqué in the border. Current assessment - the intention lives on.
Garden Gatherings BOM - seemed like a great idea at the time. I felt that I was ready to take on needle turn again. Instead of completing Peaceful Garden Path, I started something new. I know I don't work well with block-of-the-month patterns. I have struggled mightily to finish the two or three others and should have known better than to start this. Current Assessment - it's totally abandoned. I should turn the completed blocks I have into pillows and put all the unused fabrics into my stash.
Hexagon Stars - a project for the ages. I expect to be working on this quilt when I arrive at the 'old folk's home.'
Bob - feathered star medallion - Flying by the seat of my pants, I attempted to design my own medallion quilt as I went along. Bad judgment call in attempting a mitered border. Current assessment - maybe if it waits a while longer those miters won't look so bad.
Whole Cloth - a winter only project. A minimum of two and probably more winter's worth of work left in this one.
Snail's Trail - Quilted. Needs to be trimmed and bound. What's the hold up? This is the second quilt that I quilted on my Grace Frame. The quilting is not very good and I managed to make a hole. Current assessment - I think I can put an 'artful' appliqué to patch that hole. Will make a fine donation quilt.
Fever - Top completed, waiting to be quilted. The top is too large for the Grace Frame but I know I can quilt it on the table top machine. Just waiting for The Princess' room to be empty (before the bed comes back in) to lay it on the floor to layer and baste.
A Penny Saved - another by hand only project. My hands can only do so much. It will get done . . . all in good time.
Rail Fence - Top completed, waiting to be quilted. A possible project for a hand quilting class this summer.
Crazy Court House Steps - Top completed, waiting to be quilted. A possible project for a hand quilting class this summer.
Mourning Quilt, a doll quilt - Partially hand quilted, set aside in favor of the Secret Deadline Project.
Secret Deadline Project - current focus. Starting to see the light that it may not be done by the deadline. A valiant effort will bring some brownie points.
There it is for all the world to see. My name is Libby. I'm a quilter.
Flags of the American Revolution Part Three
9 hours ago