Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day! It is often said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I cannot disagree. I would only add that it is also the way to a daughter's heart. With that in mind, I spent the afternoon in the kitchen preparing our Valentine's Day dinner and dessert.
Here are some of the fixin's for a 5 cheese vegetable macaroni and cheese dish.
It came mostly from memory from a meal I had when we visited Paris a couple of years ago. I loved that the flavors of the cheese were all there but it was the vegetables and pasta that really were the stars. I think I came pretty darned close to the original.
Here is a look at the assembled ingredients for dessert. Can you guess what it is?Creme brulee. Today was the day to try out the flame thrower I got for my birthday.
To be honest, I've been a little fearful of using that torch. It wasn't so scary. There a lots of safety features built right in.
Rave reviews all around - but the empty dish really says it all.There are 3 more servings in the fridge. Guess what we're having for breakfast?

22 comments:

kjquilts said...

Yummy!

ROZ said...

I'll be there with my fork tomorrow

Quilts And Pieces said...

Will you come cook for me?

Louise said...

Creme brulee is wonderful!

Carol said...

YUMMY! Sounds like the perfect breakfast to me!

Guðrún said...

I AM HUNGRY :)

Mimi said...

I hope you post the recipes!

Quilt Hollow said...

You wow me! They shall know they are loved!

McIrish Annie said...

dinner looks fantastic and so do the blocks you sent to Tracey!

Shasta said...

It looks delicious! I think my invite must have gotten lost in the mail. I got a flame thrower recently too, I really must use it.

Judy said...

What does it taste like...creme brulee? I've seen it but never tasted it. Looks good! The cheesey pasta looks good too but it would not agree with my tummy...:(!

Happy Heart Day!

Finn said...

Hi Libby, what great pics of a really great Valentine's Day celebration! Wish I lived closer...LOL
The blocks for Tracey are wonderful, it's almost impossible to imagine the loss those families have experienced over there.
Clever girl you with that stacking basket idea! You just keep rolling along with those great ideas at a very love cost...love it!! Big hugs my friend, Finn

Andrea said...

Yummy! Would love for you to share that recipe. Cheesy veg. pasta? Sounds awesome! :)

And your blocks are beautiful!!!

Susie said...

It all looks wonderful! Glad you had a fun family celebration for Valentine's Day!
xo

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh my!!! Yum.....

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh, my! That meal looks like the most heavenly of all calories. Yum.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

That mac and cheese sounds amazing. And I LOVE creme brule. We had plain old homemade pizza and watched a Netflix movie. It was nice to not have to go out in the cold.

Sweet P said...

I'm coming over for leftovers of the pasta since the Creme Brulee didn't last.

Stephanie D. said...

Mmmmm, that'd definitely be the way to my heart!

I'm yours!

Feed me!

Kathy Wagner said...

Yum Yum
Makes me feel hungry!

Karen said...

How many uses will you find for your flame thrower?

Candace said...

My mouth is watering, Libby! We have one of those torches - have for a couple of years - I'm too chicken to give it a go! From the looks of your creme brulee, I'd best get it out!
Cheers!