Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend plans. Not many of those being made around here. At least not the type that involve fun outings or little getaways. When Saturday rolled around, Hubby stationed himself here.
His weekend office.
It doesn't take long to find The Princess. Just turn around and she'll be found right here.
Her after class study hall.
Once they were settled and busy, I headed off to the cubby and got stitchin'. This is the center applique background for Old St. Nick.

It was fun to prep the hst's.I paired the strips of fabric right sides together before I cut them. The brushed cotton makes it a breeze because of the way it clings.
In no time at all they are all chained together.
Now cut apart, I just need to have a little pressing party. And trim off the little bunny ears and start assembling the borders.
Did someone say, 'Bunny?'
If a bunny should be spotted, Harper is at the ready to give them a sporting chase.
Today will bring more of the same. Hopefully everyone will be at a nice stopping point when the Academy Awards ceremony starts. Haven't seen a single one of the nominated movies this year, but my Netflix queue has been updated to include several. Good luck to all the nominees.

15 comments:

Catherine said...

My goodness -- what an industrious weekend you all are having! :-)
Harper looks ready to have fun.

julieQ said...

I love those brushed fabrics, so clingy and warm. Your project is beautiful!

Stephanie D. said...

Yep, settling in here for the Oscars, too. I certainly hope they've improved things a bit. The last few years have been such a disappointment, I've almost decided to quit watching--and I've only missed one show in the last 30 years.

Screen Door said...

My motto: there's no place like home....Love the quilt progress....

Guðrún said...

The fabrics you use are beautiful.

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Can't wait to see that quilt! I love that pattern :o)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love it so far! It looks great. I had a great start on things this weekend and then woke up sick, sick, sick this morning. Heavy chest cold. I"ve done NOTHING today.

Joyce said...

You are a busy bunch! It's making me feel lazy but not lazy enough to actually get up and do something.

Stina said...

Glad to see that you all had your own little spaces... dont who were the most productive...:o)..but with a look at the photos.. I think you were both productive and had all the fun!! :o)

yellowfarmhouse said...

I love how everyone has there little spots in the house to do their thing. Your quilt is coming along great - that book has so many fun projects in it. Of course any post with a picture of Harper is wonderful :)

Hugs- Karen

Karen said...

I was going to ask what Old St. Nick looks like but in reading your previous entry, I got my answer. I have that book! The center strips really caught my interest. I am going to go find my book and check it out further.

Julia said...

What a wonderful little pile of HST's! You are going to have this together in no time.

Actually, the Oscars hold no interest for me.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Bunny? I love it, you can always count on Harper!! Have a great week, can't wait to see St. Nick come to life!

McIrish Annie said...

I saw benjamin button and Milk. Both were excellent. have not seen slumdog millionaire but I'm going to see The Reader tomorrow night.

we are big movie fans and have to see most of them on the BIG SCREEN.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

You have been so busy, I love that baby quilt.... and the colors for the homespuns.... wonderful. I so could live in your color world!