Sunday, July 26, 2009

Meet Jack-in-July.
I took a break from packing yesterday to do a simple carving job on my first home-grown pumpkin. I think he's pretty sweet.
Things are beginning to happen at warp speed here. I'm finding that I don't have a lot of time to keep up with blog writing, reading, commenting and responses. Please bear with me if you don't hear much from me in the coming days. Hubby and The Princess know to call out to me from time to time just for the assurance that I haven't taped myself into a box.
I'd like to leave you with a link to a really fun blog that I have been reading for some time now. Please don't eat sushi! Love, Mom. It's a poignant look at a not always easy mother/son relationship as told from the letters of the mom to son. Presented with humor and a healthy dose of exasperation, you'll look at your own parent/child relationships in a new light.

19 comments:

AnnieO said...

Jack looks great! Hope your packing gets done tout suite without losing your marbles...

Quilt Nut said...

that is awesome

good luck with the rest of the packing

Kathie said...

I was thnking about you this weekend and wondering how you were doing packing and all.
When will you be moving?
did you get to the quilt show?
Did your DH find a house yet??? Can't wait to hear where it will be and is Princess moving with you?
will she be able to finish school in NE?
Kathie

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, the taped into a box part just made me laugh out loud! The pumpkin is just like a little moving helper, isn't he!!

yellowfarmhouse said...

How fun to be able to carve your pumpkin. Happy packing there sister :).

Hugs - Karen

Sweet P said...

What a great blog. Thanks for sharing the link.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Jack O Lantern is a very handsome guy...you would never know this was done out of season by looking at your great photo.

Sounds like you will be hitting the road soon. Happy trails!

Catherine said...

Sounds like moving day is getting close!
Love the Jack O'Lantern!!

Candace said...

Are you going to leave Jack for the new owners?! It's good things are moving fast, Libby! Can't wait to hear from you in your new home! Take care, travel safe, and best wishes to you and your family!
Cheers!

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Lol* I love your pumpkin! You've got me very excited to see what mine will look like.

Good luck with your move!

Yvonne said...

Jack is looking very cool....thanks for the link. :)

MARCIE said...

Cute pumpkin! Busy girl! I am thinking of you!

Ruth said...

Jack is cute!

Guðrún said...

The pumpkin is great. Take care of yourself.

Gwendie said...

I love Jack! I'm glad you took the break to carve it. Your first pumpkin is special.

Stephanie D. said...

Oh, you have made me think of Halloween and all the planning I need to do!

He's so cute, though! You can take your photo and tape it up in the new house in case you don't get moved in in time.

Carole said...

Oh Libby! Welcome to my world! So much is going on! Do hope you're taking the time to take care of yourself. An advice I need to remind myself to do! Keep well!

Carin said...

Great link to a cute blog. Good luck with all that packing.